Sunday, July 16, 2006

New Additions

We arrived back several hours ago from a WONDERFUL and much-needed trip to Westboro, WI (more on that later). While I'm waiting for a load of laundry to finish drying, I wanted to relay something I heard on the way there which I found both informative and a little humorous.

According to Russell Moore (ha! I just typed "Crowe" and had to delete it), who was filling in on the Albert Mohler Program (a Christian talk show), Miriam Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary has recently added the following words:

bird flu

soul patch

unibrow

google (as a verb)

himbo - an attractive but vacuous male

mouse potato - someone who sits in front of a computer all day, as opposed to the TV

drama queen - I believe the definition simply read, "See Rachel Wright."


Another random bit of info I couldn't resist sharing: A woman emailed the show to ask whether or not she should see the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie, since she knows this will mean several hours of lusting after Johhny Depp. (No comment)

So there you have it: a truly life-enriching post.

8 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

Welcome back! Missed you in church yesterday...YES! we were there!
Bob and I had some free time last night, so we went to see the Pirates movie. Neither one of us was impressed. We both found it to be a very dark movie. Special effects were impressive, but that is what made it so dark also. I was surprised at the number of children sitting there calmly watching. Bob leaned over at one point and said, "I wonder how many nightmares later tonight are being generated by this movie?"
Hope to see or hear from you soon. We're staying at Glen Markley's.

Charity said...

Anna - We were really disappointed to miss seeing you yesterday at church. We debated driving 13 hours straight through from camp, but after the drive there realized the sheer lunacy of this plan. How long are you in town?

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering about himbos. That is an interesting addition. Know many?

Charity said...

Dee & Anonymous - actually, I had never heard the word "himbo" before, but it is certainly a useful addition to anyone's vocabulary.

Anonymous said...

I'm one and proud of it.

~~anna~~ said...

Charity, we're in town until Saturday morning, then gone for 2 weeks to Virginia, then back to Greenville on the 4th or 5th, then we leave for Costa Rica the 21st of August (Monday of Fair Week).

Charity said...

RP - I would have pegged you as more the drama queen or mouse potato. :-)

Anna - Things will be slowing down for us after the 5th; let's shoot for sometime that week. Maybe we "girls" can hang out at the pool one or two afternoons. It's become quite the popular hang-out place these days!

Charity said...

Oh yeah - I left out the all-important word "bling" in my post. It also was added to the dictionary this month. I guess this means I need to get some!