Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Time to Gag

I guess it's that time of year again. Coughing, dripping, puking, and crying have become the soggy cadence that fills each dragging day. Our house is a veritable snot factory.

It's hard not to dwell on the miseries in this House Where Time Stands Still. Missed social events and church activities. The fact that we're held hostage in our own home. Night after night of crying / coughing munchkins waking every couple of hours.

The fact is, there's an upside to having sick kids. Some much-needed down time. Not worrying about little things like getting dressed or fixing my hair. Longer naps (for the kids). And best of all - lots and lots of snuggle time. I look ahead to days when I will think to myself that I would give anything to have a warm heavy head resting on my chest and arms full of sweet drowsiness.

All the same, I'll be thankful when they're well again. . .

1 comment:

Charity said...

~d, the crazy thing is, as soon as Danny got home and went in to see Zekers, he started asking for Mommy. I finally told him if he didn't stop crying I'd leave the room, so he stopped and about 30 seconds later was fast asleep. Aaahhhh. . .

(so much for relaxing conversation, eh?)