Saturday, December 16, 2006

Stuff

Rachel has decided she is now a movie producer. Her most recent production, still untitled, involves sword-weilding mice and a "Tower of Evilness." Apparently, shots were fired from said tower at the mice, who feigned death to avoid more shots. They are still working out a plan to kill the ruthless monster in the tower. She actually scribbled out "notes" on a stack of little notebook pages, spread them out on the floor, and acted out the story for me. I have no idea where she came up with all of this and am a little disturbed that her "film" includes so much violence. But it did make me laugh.

In other news, Kari Bou has started saying more words, including "Hi" and "Zekee" and "down" (actually pronounced "Daaaaaan"). She was up to her usual antics today. While making a batch of Christmas cookies, I found her on the kitchen table, playing in the cream cheese filling I was about to use in a pumpkin roll. I believe she may be high from all the sugar she's ingested this week.

And Zekers . . . well, he's been talking quite a bit, too. Today I sent him to the bathroom to get a Kleenex for Kari Bou, and I heard him muttering in the hall, "That makes no sense." I started laughing, thinking I must have heard him wrong, and went to see what the problem was. He was standing by the bathroom door trying to get it open and saying, "I can't get the door open, Mommy. That makes no sense." I don't even think he knows what that means!

I'll try to get a good pic of Rachel and Zekers playing handbells tomorrow in the morning church service. I can't believe the guts of their teachers, having about 10 or so 2 & 3-yr-old boys play bells along with the older children. They must be teaching the kids really well, though, because Zekers showed me today how he rings his bell and when I asked him how he gets it to stop ringing, he answered, "I hold it against my body, like this." Not bad, for a 2-yr-old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Kari Bou remembered how good your pumpkin roll is, and was trying to get the first taste.

Handbells with 2 & 3 yr. olds? That IS a brave teacher! Btw, I heard a very nice comment about Greenville Grace yesterday.