Monday, January 22, 2007

Top 10 Strangest Places We've Found Stuffed Animals

10. Topping the centerpiece on our dining room table

9. At the foot of our bed, underneath the mattress pad (that wasn't nearly as strange, though, as the time I found Zekers thrashing around under the mattress pad)

8. In the pots and pans drawer (Larry and Bob)

7. In the dishwasher

6. In the cup that sits by the bathroom sink (small ballerina mouse)

5. In the VCR/DVD player

4. In Kari's mouth (very small, very soggy, yellow dog)

3. In the closet, wearing a mismatched pair of my shoes (large purple frog)

2. In my underwear drawer, wearing some of my underwear (plush pink bear)

1. Staring up at us from inside the toilet (a very large monkey)


But the sweetest place we've found stuffed animals: wrapped up in sleepy little arms at night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me guess...there is one place you NEVER find them...the toy box. Is there a woman alive who doesn't love a new soft stuffed animal? When I go shopping I have to pick them up and hold them as I walk by. I don't want to own them, just hold 'em for a second or two. Why didn't they make washable ones when my kids were little? Maybe Danny would still have Kenny the bear :-)

Anonymous said...

she is the sweetest thing this side of stuffed bears!!!lg

Charity said...

I guess our stuffed animals must be washable, as many times as they've survived being dunked in the toilet, sink and bathtub!

Linda, I couldn't agree more! :-)

lyndie said...

i preferred a blankie, but after the loss of a dear pillow, my sister would have nothing until her plushy pink pig arrived in her arms when she was a.. freshman? in HS. i wouldn't be surprised if she STILL snuggles with it "derek, you'll just have to wait...".
your kari is adorable.

Charity said...

Lyndie, that's hilarious! Rachel and Zekers both have blankies - Rachel's is practically in shreds and Zekers' is pretty well worn, but we wouldn't dream of spending the night without them, under any circumstances. Kari Bou just likes to have a baby under each arm at night. :-)