Monday, June 11, 2007

And All That Jazz

Friday we drove to Milford, IN for Joel & Diane's wedding. What a fun trip! Danny officiated the wedding, and I supervised the munchkins (and, at times, served as a human pillow). It was so cool seeing 2 people begin a marriage, and knowing it will be centered around Christ. And the kiddos did great. I was the one weeping like a baby through the whole thing! It was a new sensation for me. As I watched the video they'd put together of their "growing up" pictures, I looked down at Zekers sleeping in my arms and besides just relating with the bride and groom, for the first time I was picturing myself 20 years from now as the mother of the bride/groom. The thought that kept going through my head was, "The pictures I take now will someday end up in their wedding videos" and I felt like an absolute fool because I couldn't stop crying (and here I go again!). Sometimes I'm glad we're in the phase of life where time often crawls by at a snail's pace. . . it can't go slow enough, as far as I'm concerned!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling and just put up some pix of the event. (One of these days I'll actually remember to take one of the bride and groom!)

It doesn't get much better than balloons at Bob Evans! (although the kiddos were somewhat traumatized 10 minutes later when Danny opened the rear doors and both balloons flew out)

Karis won the prize for "making the biggest mess with the least amount of food" at the rehearsal dinner (You can sort of see Joel and Diane in the background)

Danny nearly put himself in a coma trying to blow up the "seahorse floatie" but it was well worth the health risk!

Sorry, no pix of Danny in a suit this time - but isn't it sweet?

I apparently underestimated the amount of weight I've gained in the past few months

My favorite thing about being a Mommy

Classic Rachel

Rachel with "Miss Jenny" - a good friend who spent many Wednesday nights with the kids while we were at youth group

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! They all are looking so grown up. I did not really notice it till seeing these photos. I'm glad you are clinging to these days. Look how fast it has gone since Rachel was Adeline's size! mm

Anonymous said...

PS. Though Danny looks so handsome in his suit in the other photo AND so professional and competent, this photo certainly has a much better facial expression. Is it the clothing or is it the subject of the photo? or both? Hmmmmmmmmmmm! mm

Anonymous said...

wow, no more cheese and crackers for you!

Anonymous said...

i cant believe you were so close to me. you were 15 minutes away and i didnt even get to see you! i miss you so much!

katie

Charity said...

Wow - I didn't realize we were that close, Katie! Rachel asked about you - she wondered when you were coming to see her. :-) I told her you would when she stopped calling you "Katie Bucket"

Anonymous said...

I have a SUPER waterproof mascara that really works when all those tears come! I guess that and a big box of tissues are future must-haves! mm

Brooke said...

I think about the growing up pictures at their weddings from time to time with my kids. It usually stops me from taking one that will mortify one of them :) I feel like I know already how fast time flies since I remember the day my brother was born and now he is graduating college next month. Thanks for the reminder to cherish these times while they are little!

Chris said...

I was just trying to imagine your future sons/daughters-in-laws.
Rachel's will have to be a good listener. REALLY good listener.
Zekers, well, his wife will have to be a cowgirl of course.
Kari will hold her own if she marries somone from the WWF.