Monday, July 02, 2007

Summer Days

Just a few random pix from the past week:





Rach & Zekers love donning their helmets and hopping onto their "new" bikes. Several evenings ago, Zekers took a tumble and scraped up his knees pretty badly. The second he fell, I rushed over to him, scooped him up and held him for a while as I examined and kissed all his injuries. I heard Danny laugh, and looked over to see that Kari Bou had witnessed the whole thing and realized just what she had to do to compete for Mommy's attention. She got off her little scooter, laid down on the ground and started moaning. Too funny! Danny has a much better pic of it on his phone, but we can't seem to transfer it to the computer.







We took another trip to Carriage Hill, with some friends: Four Mommies, 4 girls and 3 boys. The 3 older girls all came prepared with sunglasses . . .














I like this picture of Kari Bou because you can tell that her eyes are turning green! Actually, the only way I could tear her gaze from the chickens and roosters on the other side of the fence was to say the word "candy" and then snap the picture as soon as her head turned. (I know - a shameless way to get a smile. Hey, whatever it takes . . .)













Rachel loved playing in the old-time schoolhouse and writing her name on her little slate.
















Is there anything better than jumping on a life-size stuffed cow??
















That evening, they all had a blast playing in the rain . . . although I think it's time to get Karis a new umbrella.









Free pony rides at a local restaurant. Rachel was in hog heaven, as she discovered her horse's name was "Princess". Zekers' horse, he informed us later, was named "Velvet", which he pronounced "Vaylvet" (3 syllables!).














And they saved the best for last - FREE ICE CREAM!!! (I think Zekers may have managed to get a little of the ice cream in his mouth)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember doing elementary school field trips at Carriage Hill reserve! Fun place! Charity, check my blog to find out what absurd body part Johnny got stuck in our automatic van door the other night. :)

Anonymous said...

you have some of the best pictures! where in the world do you find room for all of them in the scrapbooks? have you started a "family" album yet to hold all the extras? (and to make sure you have something nice when the kids all grow up and move away...)

by the way, hobby lobby has paper and stickers 50% off this week!

Chris said...

Please get me a copy of the one of Kari. It is even better than the ones from the studio. Good job!!

Charity said...

d - I can't believe it! I was just there twice last week, so it figures everything would go on sale THIS week. I am halfway through our 3rd family album, as a matter of fact, trying frantically to get caught up before baby #4 gets here.

Ma - Maybe I'll just use that pic and save myself a trip to JC Penney this year!

~~anna~~ said...

I've so enjoyed reading your blog, but I have to say I'm usually exhausted just reading what all you do in a day! :) For some reason I have not been able to post for months. Somehow today it let me in...finally! See y'all in a month!

Lauren Mott said...

hi charity!
i love catching up on your blog. i like to think that it makes me a better nanny!
thanks for the heads-up on the competitive world that i am entering!! i have read articles like that as well. it's such a different world than it is in greenville...
there was an article on "mannys" in this month's vouge as well. i'm all for them. it's obviously a little more scary than leaving your children with a woman, but the right guy would make a great care-giver/role model for young boys.
i'm coming back to greenville for a few weeks, so i hope to see you soon! i miss your family:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chris...that is a GREAT photo of Karis. I think you should skip JCP and just use that one!!! mm

Brooke said...

Adorable picture of Karis on the ground moaning and trying to get your attention. How sweet!