Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pictures Tell the Story

OK, probably all 6 people who read this blog have the same pictures, but I wanted to put them up anyway!



These first 2 were taken during the first session, on Thursday evening. There were something like 6,300 women in attendance.




Now that's a lot of estrogen!


On Saturday, we had a 3-hour break for dinner, so we ate at Ruby Tuesdays at the Woodfield Mall. Even though it was about a mile from the convention center, 3 hours wasn't quite enough!




A kind-hearted woman agreed to take a group photo for us after the last session. All but 4 are pictured here.


Janal and Tammy on the bus. The conference provided free shuttle service to and from the sessions from various hotels. Rachel and Zekers thought it was just the coolest thing ever that Mommy was riding a "schoolbus"!


Kelly, Elaine and Linda on the "schoolbus"


Another group photo at the hotel before leaving . . . this time with three of the four who weren't in the other group photo.


Our "post-deer" van. I couldn't manage to get a picture of the side, since semi trucks kept whizzing past.



Janie took advantage of the time we spent waiting, to teach us all a few dance moves.


Two pastors' wives and our Women's Ministry Director in the back of a patrol car. What I didn't manage to capture on film were Lois, Janie (elder's wife) and Jeni (elder's wife), who the officers obviously considered much more dangerous than us, behind bars in the other patrol car.


"Survivors" - Jodi, Lois, Linda, Janie, Jeni, Charity


"I SAW ITS FACE!!!!!"


My little welcoming committee. (Zekers' picture is "a ghost with Christmas hair")


I spent Sunday evening trying to pay 2 tolls online that we accidentally drove right past on our trip, and hoping I wouldn't end up in the back of a patrol car again. Danny thought it was hilarious that I was paying tolls online, and took about 20 pictures.


Thank you, Father, for safety and health. And for laughter and bonding. And for hard-hitting reminders that YOU are sovereign and WE are not!

14 comments:

JanAl said...

Cute pics! I don't have the same pics, since I brought my camera, but left my battery at home! I loved the one of Linda!

Kati said...

That is SO funny of Linda--I can almost hear her saying that from the picture!!

Thank you, to all you faithful girls who took your cameras! I was lazy and didn't bring mine just because I figured many of you would!

Charity, I can not believe you weren't willing to risk being splattered by a semi to get a good picture of the side of the van! Priorities, girl!

~~anna~~ said...

Y'all look like you had so much fun...pre and post 'deer'.
Even in the 'survivors' pic y'all are laughing!
2 questions:
Who is the one sis who didn't make it in the pics?
Did Janal get her hair cut?

~~anna~~

Charity said...

Janal & Kati - let me know if you want any of the pix and i'll email them to you!

Anna - Rose is the only one I didn't manage to get in our group photos; so there were 20 of us in all. Janal had her hair pulled back - I don't think she's gotten it cut.

JanAl said...

I did get a hair cut, but not until this past tuesday.I have to tell you, that in order to explain that I wanted more layers, I told the lady who cuts my hair, that I wanted an 80's rock star hair cut, without the poof! It worked just as I thought it would! In the picture, I did have my hair pulled back! With my big cheeks, I do not look good with short hair.

JanAl said...

Yes, Charity, I would love copies of your pics! Thanks!

Margaret said...

i enjoyed all the pics and comments, but seriously, the funniest one of all (to me) was the idea of missing the toll booths :)

Anonymous said...

How CAN you miss a toll booth? Can't figure that one out??? mm

JanAl said...

Charity~ on the way to Chicago, to pick up our new van, we went thru all 3 tolls, and on the way home, we did not see any tolls. two weeks ago, we got a fine in the mail, $60.00(3 x .80), saying that we did not pay any toll, but we never saw any on the way home, anyway, I don't know how we missed it either, especially since on the way home this past weekend, I never saw any on the way home,this time either. I think they have it set up to confuse you and trap you into a fine! Conspiracy????????? :}

Charity said...

I like your theory, Janal - it's better than the other alternative, which is that I'm not smart enough to find toll booths on the highway!! :D

Personally, I blame Bella (our GPS). She kept telling me to stay left, so I was all the way over to the left, which ended up being for people with the "i-pass". By the time I realized it, it was too late to get to the toll lanes.

And i just have to get up on my soap box for a minute and say the toll lanes were poorly marked; and we never had any idea how much the toll was until we got to the booth. so obviously my failure to pay was the fault of the illinois tollway!

JanAl said...

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren Mott said...

Charity, was my mom seriously dancing?? If so, you ladies were witnesses! She CAN do it, so she HAS to do it at my wedding!!

I'm sooo thankful that God protected you all.

Charity said...

Lauren, I'm thankful, too! I think we all felt a little like dancing that night . . .

Anonymous said...

I knew I have a big mouth, but I didn't realize HOW big!!! AAAGGHH!!! But I DID see it's FACE!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):) linda