Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rooms, Rugs & Resurrection Sunday

Mr. Moo is officially a big boy! About a week and a half ago, he and Zekers spent their first night in the new bunk beds. It's almost been too easy - Mr. Moo LOVES his bed so much he just snuggles right down and usually sleeps through the night. The only bummer is that he used to sleep until 8 in the morning, and he wakes up at least an hour earlier now - this morning he was up at 6:30. The other kiddos know to look at the clock and stay in bed until 7, but it's next to impossible to get an 18-month-old to follow this concept!

He's pretty darn cute in his "big boy bed", though. Every night, we sneak in to check on him around 10, before we go to bed (I know - we're getting old), and he's usually on top of his covers, feet on his pillow and head at the wrong end of the bed. We turn him around and tuck him back in, and that's where he stays until morning.

So the really exciting thing is that now we get to make the girls' room ultra girly!! Saturday we hit McDonalds for dinner and then bought a pink rug and a comforter for Kari Bou's bed, now that the girls are sharing a bunk.

Here are pictures of the newly-finished "Cars" room Zekers has had his little heart set on:

We got the bunk beds and dresser at IKEA several months ago.




The "accent wall"


Feelin' like big stuff


Both the Good Friday communion and Resurrection Sunday services were very meaningful. I love that so much of the music we sing and all of the messages we hear are so Christ-centered; I was struck by the thought that this day is certainly special and a good time to do some extra reflecting, but really it's just an extension of what we celebrate every Sunday - so cool!

We had lunch with my parents, my sister Sarah and her daughter Addie, and my sister Hannah and her family. The picture above is all the cousins together after their egg hunt. Good grief - where did my little Rachel go?? I can't say it feels like time is flying by, but man, how they've grown this year.

11 comments:

Kati said...

Cute room!

Even cuter--Malachi on Ronald's lap. Sweet.

Charity~I was beginning to wonder if you were still here in blogland. :) I know, its not always top priority. Nor should it be.

JanAl said...

I wonder if Daniel can talk Sheldon into a "Cars" room, LOL!
Very Cute!

Jodi Bradshaw said...

Does Danny know that the kids did an easter egg hunt??

I love the room!

danny2 said...

uh, the egg thing was the in-laws idea. some battles you just don't fight.

marilyn66 said...

Eggs are a sign of new life. I told the children that the world looks at them as a part of the Easter bunny but WE look at them as a sign of the life we have through the resurrection. Do we throw out the tree at Christmas because it is tied to pagan rituals? Even so, the eggs can be used at Resurrection time. And I NEVER called them Easter eggs! So correct me, if I am wrong. I am teachable. It just seems...Christmas tree, Easter eggs, ...why let the world ruin so many things??? Can we not reclaim them in a positive way? AND it WAS fun! And there was NO candy inside!

Anonymous said...

no candy?! there was your mistake :p

danny2 said...

i agree d. that was the major offense! as a father, it was not fun to steal one of zeke's pennies. but to have stolen a tootsie roll...that would have been nice.

mom, i'm just playing with you about the easter thing. people at grace know that i do think words matter quite a bit, but i also play with them a little on things. our church does not have a sanctuary, but has an auditorium. we didn't celebrate easter, but we did celebrate resurrection day. there is probably about 15% instruction happening when i do that and 85% teasing. (and teasing is a way i show i care.)

marilyn66 said...

I know that but I wasn't sure you were teasing! AND I just wanted to be sure I was not overstepping with the eggs! I want to SUPPORT you guys, not undermine. Just wanted to be sure. Love ya!

shoemama said...

Zeke's face in that last picture is cracking me up!

Tarah said...

Charity, glad to see you back and so sorry for all the agony you've been through recently! I e-mailed you yesterday at the church address I thought I remembered. Hasn't come back to me yet, so I hope you get it!

~~anna~~ said...

Your boys have got to LOVE this room! I think the pegboard of tools is cool! What a clever touch!

To join in the "Easter" talk. Our kids never got Easter baskets, or Easter Eggs....We did the basket/candy/egg fun the day before Easter! They had Spring baskets!
They still had the fun of special treats, but it took the emphasis of them away from Easter Sunday.
Then the Monday after, I went to the store and stocked up on the clearance stuff! One can never have too many Peeps!