Saturday, April 25, 2009

Unbelievable

Normally, I wouldn't put up 4 pictures of clothing tables. But I'm showing you this because I just could not believe it.

Our moms' group had a clothing exchange today. Whoever wanted to get rid of kids' clothing sizes 0-6, brought it in and set it up on tables, arranged by size. Then we all looked through the clothing and took what we needed. Last year, I brought some girls clothing and ended up going home with a bagful of clothes for Malachi. This year, though, I decided it was high time to give away ALL of the clothing that Karis and Malachi have outgrown.

So Danny and the kiddos and I went to the church last night and spent several hours laying out clothes. And here they are. I could not believe the sheer volume of little outfits that have just been laying around in boxes!

It was so fun to be able to help each other out this way. I'm a total mush bag when it comes to cute outfits my kiddos have worn - each one holds sentimental value for me. So I think it is one of the coolest things seeing little outfits that were hard to part with on other kiddos we know and love. And we have lots more space now! Woo hoo!

Oh, and I did come home with a couple of things for the kiddos: summer PJ's, some cute shirts for Rach, and . . . . a jester hat for Moo, which he must love as much as I do, since he wore it all afternoon, in spite of 80-degree temps. It made me sweat just looking at him. But it's darn cute.

OK, these pictures below are of JUST our clothes . . . and this morning, many more were added by other moms!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, charity - you had a virtual STORE there! and i know how frugal you are! :)

Kati said...

Gabe LOVED that green hat and put up a huge protest when I put it in the bag. I told him it was time to let someone else--someone with a smaller head--enjoy it for awhile. I'm glad to see Malachi enjoying it.

I think the clothing exchange is an AWESOME idea and a blessing for all involved. I'm so thankful for the Mom's group.

Jodi Bradshaw said...

You will see some of your girl clothes on our little one - I remember Karis wearing them! Thanks Charity!

Charity said...

Dee - one good thing about this exchange is that now I can actually walk through the back part of our basement! :)

Kati - now we'll think of Gabe whenever Malachi wears the green hat! (although, it will be a while, because I snuck it downstairs with the other winter stuff while he was napping)

Jodi - Did you ever think when you gave us some of those cute little dresses that your own daughter would be wearing them someday?