Friday, June 26, 2009

Water Fun

Every day this past week has involved water of some kind. We've frequented the city pool a lot more as the days have grown hotter. It's become quite a juggling act, as Rach & Zekers are loving swimming in the "big pool", while Karis and Moo, for the most part, are quite content to play in the kiddie pool. But they all just love going, and I guess the good news is that it wears them out almost as much as it wears me out!





Last Saturday, we went boating at Ceasar's Creek with my sister Hannah and her family. My Mom watched Malachi and Luke, their 2-yr-old little boy, at the house, while the rest of us went to the lake. We spent most of the time tubing and swimming - it was an absolutely perfect day and the water was refreshing . . . or, it would have been if I hadn't had someone hanging on my neck the whole time! We ended the day at Fazoli's; the kiddos were so good we actually got to carry on a conversation at one table while they all sat at another and ate their dinner. Surreal, but very nice!





Sunday, we stopped by my parents' house to drop of homemade Fathers' Day cards for my Dad, and all the cousins played on the Slip 'n Slide. I have to say, we found more dirt and grass in their bathing suits than I would have ever thought possible. But they all had a blast, especially Mr. Moo. Then Monday, we went to the pool again and they ran through the sprinkler all evening. It was nice not having to water my flowers that day!

The last 2 pics don't involve water, but I couldn't resist putting them up anyway. Tuesday morning we all just stayed in our PJs until noon and played together. I was reminded how much my kids make me belly laugh on an almost daily basis. Zekers has decided to try for a Hannah Montana look-alike contest (thanks a lot, Kurstin!), so he spent nearly the entire morning in a wig, shouting into a microphone and dancing around. I just love his randomness and whimsical nature.




In the midst of the busyness of life, days like these are a true gift, and I treasure every one of them.

7 comments:

Kati said...

Sweet kids. Karis is looking so grown-up in the stroller picture. And I love Rachel's hair in the boat picture...Is that what they call "boat head"?

Charity said...

Haha! I think she's had "boat head" for about 50% of her life!

Anonymous said...

Isaac enjoyed your pictures today! He wants to go to the pool and play now. :) He also wants to come and play with your kids again. :)

Great pictures. I don't know how you managed at the pool by yourself. I would have been a nervous wreck!

April Mendenhall

Anonymous said...

wait a minute....

you trusted karis to push malachi in the stroller?????

Charity said...

I guess I trust my kids a little too much . . . like the other day when Rachel was carrying Malachi and dropped him into the pool! The stroller thing seems pretty tame after that!

Chris said...

Moo looks like a fire hydrant in the one picture. Where did he get that (root) beer belly? I made it my screen saver because it makes me smile.

Eileen said...

Precious, Charity! As always, kiddos photos, your stories are to be treasured. Thanks so much for sharing!