Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All in the Family

OK, enough early-morning rantings from me . . . here are a few highlights from the past couple of months:

Karis is my chief peanut butter sandwich maker. She takes her job very seriously.


Zeke has been working on his writing this year - a real struggle for him. But slowly, we're starting to see some improvement. I was so proud of him for writing 12 thank-you notes after his birthday. He wrote one or two each morning until they were all done.


Malachi's eye continues to bother me much more than it bothers him. Due to a strong kick to the eye, his chalazion drained quite a bit this weekend and I thought we had seen the end of it. But it seems to be growing again, so we're currently trying to decide what, if any, course of action to take. Poor guy. As if he needs one more disfiguring thing on his face.


Yet nothing deters him from being a little clown. Not sure where this look came from . . .


One of the kiddos' favorite things to do is to have a picnic lunch. Sometimes we go for a bike ride afterward - Karis rides the extension on the back and helps me pedal, while Moo loafs in a baby seat in front of me. I think they could live outside and be just fine with it.


There is truly nothing more exciting to Karis than ice cream. OK, maybe getting to paint her fingernails. On this particular afternoon, she was treated to both!


Rachel's new look


ice cream and good friends



Karis and I got to accompany Zeke's class on a field trip to the Greenville City Street Department, where we learned all kinds of interesting things and the kiddos got to sit in some pretty cool back hoes and honk some horns.




I'll end with a few choice tidbits from our own little Kari Bou.

Me: Hey, how about we have a picnic lunch today in our yard?
Karis: Are we gonna use the picnic table?
Me: Well, I thought we'd eat on the wooden platform on the swingset.
Karis: Mom, are you SURE it won't break if you try to go up there?


Karis: Was Great- Grandpa Emch 200 years old?
Me: No, Sweetie. He wasn't even 100 years old.
Karis: How old was he?
Me: I think he was 87
Karis: So . . . he was even older than YOU??


Karis: Mom, you looked like a big ol' log when you were pregnant with me.
Me: How do you know if you weren't born yet?
Karis: Mom, I've SEEN the scrapbooks.

2 comments:

marilyn66 said...

Re:Rach....love the curly look too!

Re: Zeke...way to go! Glad your learning such good manners too!

Re: Karis...what a funny little monkey!

Re: Malachi...ahhhhhh, it looks so painful! Doesn't seem like it, the way he acts though.

Charity said...

Yeah, it's been so fun to watch them grow in different ways . . . and they provide plenty of entertainment!