Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hurry up and Wait


I know I've slacked off on blogging; I've found it difficult to focus as of late. But the good news is, the garage is cleaned and organized, the van is set up for ALL 4 kids; every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen, as well as the fridge, has been cleaned and re-organized; the basement is actually clean; the entire house has been disinfected and baby-proofed; and the mouse enjoying free run of the house has just been caught (I mean, JUST - like, as I typed in the last sentence, I heard it! Ew!) My bag is packed, the camera, phone and camcorder fully charged and all the bills & paperwork are sent and filed away. And the most significant accomplishment of all . . . (drumroll, please) . . . I'm completely caught up on scrapbooking!! (for a few days, anyway)

OK, just writing all that out made me tired. But in my opinion, it's infinitely better to stay busy than to sit around waiting while time crawls by.



Here's what Danny's been doing while waiting for the arrival of #4! Actually, he has been wonderful - acquiescing to all my crazy whims and pretty much trying to stay out of my way - haha! About 10 days ago, around 1:30 in the morning, I woke up and realized our bedroom still needed to be painted. A couple of months ago, he had scraped and painted it, and we both realized we hated the color. NEVER pick out paint colors when you're pregnant. I had a sample of the new color I'd decided on (sand dune) and sent him to Lowe's to get it. Our room was painted 2 days later - he definitely gets Good Husband points for that one!

I had to laugh, because now that I've been sleeping in the living room for the past few weeks, Danny has let the kiddos take turns sleeping with him. As a resuly, he's gotten less sleep than I have! Zekers steals covers and thrashes around, Rachel kicks like the dickens, and Karis talks all night long - and makes about 4 trips to the potty. He actually ended up returning her to her bed around 2am, after her 37th attempt to start a conversation about her doll.

It may be a while before I have a chance to post again. We're leaving for the hospital around 1:30 tomorrow afternoon. I'm not necessarily looking forward to that, but I am looking forward to Thursday!! I know I have issues, but sometimes it creeps me out to know that a full-size baby is hanging, squished and upside-down, inside my body; not to mention, every time he moves, I feel it from my swollen chest down to my squishy thighs.

It's crazy how kids can sense that their lives are about to change forever. Both Zekers and Kari Bou have been pretending to be babies for the past several days. The best part is when Zekers is the baby, pretending that Kari Bou is his mom. She feeds him his bottle, and sings him songs. My favorite is when she sings "Jesus, Lamb of God, where is Your Name?" (instead of "worthy is Your Name"). Zekers has been really acting up lately - like, holding Kari's head under water in the bathtub, and winding a rope around Rachel's neck and then yanking on it, etc. He's gotten an average of 5 spankings per day for the past week. Maybe they're getting out all their aggression now, and they'll take it easy on Mommy when the baby comes. (I can dream, can't i?)

Hopefully the next time you hear from me, i'll have newborn pix to share!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charity, seriously how do you get all the stuff done that you do? I can't even keep the house clean. I've been trying to get out the kids fall clothes for the past 3 weeks, and I haven't done a scrapbook for either of my kids because I know I wouldn't find time. The kitchen drawers need work too :-)
Hannah

~~anna~~ said...

sounds like you are in the 'hurry up and wait' mode. Hopefully you will get a good night's sleep tonight and be rested up for tomorrow. Can't wait to see those new baby pics.... will be praying for you, danny, baby, and, while I'm at it...Rachel, Zeke and Karis, too!

Eileen said...

Enjoyed the update Charity. Sounds like an interesting week you've got going there. (Understatement!) Special prayers and thoughts to you and yours.

Lately I've seen so many pregnant women around Rostov, more than I remember seeing ever. And then when we were in Kiev, I overheard Nina, one of our Christian sisters talking about it, explaining about the financial incentive that President Putin has going to encourage people to have babies. Wanting to stem the downward slide in the country's population. So...lots of watermelon tummies overhere - although more are at the cantalope stage. But I doubt any of them have gotten drawers tidied let alone scrapbooking done... =) EE

(http://community.webshots.com/user/eileena110.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you, Charity! Can't wait to read the post on #4. :)

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

You look amazing! Actually, if it weren't for your obvious nesting, I'd guess you just had a basketball under your shirt. You are truly "all baby!"

I hope your delivery goes well, and that the transition to life with 4 goes smoothly!

Anonymous said...

Praying that all is going well with baby and mom...

Charity said...

OK, I feel guilty for taking too much credit! The only way I got any cleaning/organizing done was with the help of a couple of friends who took the kids for the morning on Monday. Plus, Z & K have been taking great naps while R is at school, so I've had extra time to get things done. Normally, I'm lucky if I'm able to keep the house clean enough that I can walk through it without tripping over toys in every room!