Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hungry



Is there anything my son won't eat??

Last summer it was sand and wood chips at the park. In the fall it was dirt and leaves from our backyard. Now that he has more refined tastes, it's green and blue play doh (I guess pink and yellow just don't possess the same melt-in-your-mouth quality).

I've caught him eating what I assumed were raisins, until I realized they were actually a couple of month-old grapes he scrounged from under the couch (Yes, the house does get cleaned, on occasion).

Today we stopped in at Kroger to grab a few items for LIFE group. In keeping with our custom, Rachel and Zekers both got to carry a "baby apple" (just a regular old apple, but I'm not gonna be the one to tell them any different!) around with them while we shopped. Upon arriving home, I went to unstrap Zekers from his car seat, and was met by a fat grinning face, and a hand holding out a stem with a few little pieces of apple clinging to it. He had eaten the ENTIRE thing - peel, core, seeds and all.

I'm currently checking colleges across the country for a "food consumption" degree. He'd be first in his class.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way he can devour an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich without gagging or coming up for air. Thats our boy!

Anonymoooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

Like Mother, like son!

Anonymous said...

Like Mother, like son!

Lauren Mott said...

i swear, reading about your kids actually makes me want to have one...you make it seem so fun and funny! :)

Anonymous said...

that is so funny about the apple charity. I think you may have to get a job when Zeke is a teenager, just to afford the grocery bill!!

~~anna~~ said...

Charity, that picture is precious! It makes me giggle!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Mr. Ezekiel James is going to need a part time job as soon as he's old enough! Bagging groceries or stocking shelves would be good...he'd have access to a LOT of food (eaten legally, of course!). What DO they do with the damaged boxes of cookies, etc??

Charity said...

I used to think it was much more cost-efficient raising boys because you don't have to worry about paying for a wedding, but even now, I'm beginning to think that food costs for some boys probably end up being about the same as a wedding!!