Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Need to Look in the Mirror More Often

So I'm at Walmart this evening and I make a horrifying discovery: I have not just one, but several very large splashes of spagetti sauce covering the lower part of my shirt! Even worse, I realize I've been traipsing all over Greenville this afternoon with Rachel, who's been attracting a great amount of attention from passers-by while pretending to be a frog. My heart sinks into my stomach as I recall seeing and talking to several people I know at various locations around town.

I rush through Walmart, hoping not to run into anyone else I know. Unfortunately, all I need is a couple of buttons, which are absolutely no use in covering up the splotches on my way to the checkout. (Why, oh why, didn't I bring my large purse?)

I guess I should change clothes after church (or at least after lunch) on Sundays. I guess mirrors exist for a good reason. I guess I should have expected this after reading a book on humility . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've done stuff like that too! like last week when I went to my palaties class and a little over 1/2 way through the class, I realized that I had my shirt on backwards... A very noticable thing if I would have only looked in the mirror before I left!! I wondered why my shirt was tugging at my neck when I was doing certain moves!! :) oh well...... linda g

Gary McDuda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charity said...

That's probably why I loved the 80's so much - I could wear a sweatshirt inside-out and it was in style!

jason said...

Well, I don't know about Rachel acting like a frog, but this morning in the office she was definitely showing us some really good dance moves. Something about a little girl who barely crosses the 3' mark (only by about 6'' of hair) dancing in an office where nobody is talking to each other just cracks me up... and when has it ever been the rule that you need to change your shirt after just two stains? I've always said that you need at least 5 to really look like a slob.