Sunday, June 04, 2006

Top Ten Reasons We Love Graduation Parties

10. You get to feel better about your own awkward junior high pictures

9. Lots of scrapbooking ideas!

8. A wonderful excuse to pig out on . . . everything

7. Knowing the graduates have to be nice to you because you're bringing them money / gifts

6. Grade-school girls who love playing with younger children

5. No cooking for days at a time

4. Three words: men in gowns

3. CAKE

2. Inflatables, swing sets, and buckets of ice (things that keep our munchkins occupied for hours on end, and also help them sleep better at night.)

1. You just can't beat spending the afternoon and /or evening with good friends

4 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

~d, are you actually saying YOU had an afro??? what am I saying, I had a blond afro in 7th grade compliments of a little Tonette perm and a swim class and a wall blow dryer. That was the first day of class and there were 6 weeks left! My mom convinced me that if I got a perm that I would be the only girl in gym class with curls still when I removed my mandatory swimcap...yeah...fortunately, there are no pictures!

Charity said...

Too bad, I would love to see a picture of that! :-)

I never had a fro, but I had a boy cut that looked absolutely hideous in 6th grade through 7th. Then it was on to '80s hair - you know, when we hairsprayed the sides and top within an inch of their lives and then blow-dried them to stick as far out as possible. Oh yeah, baby! Unfortunately, I do have pictures. But they will never again see the light of day.

Anonymous said...

If any one wants to see them just send a SASE to 4325 Catalpa Dr., Dayton, OH 45405. Of course, I would want them back!!! ;-)

Charity's loving Mom

Charity said...

Graduation gowns! :-) I have to say, I'd rather see "men in gowns" than "men in tights" any day!