Thursday, November 02, 2006

Costume Conglomerate

We went to a costume party on Saturday - what a hoot! We borrowed an Elton John costume from some friends for Danny, I wore an old '80s outfit I had up in the attic, Rachel went as a "mer-fairy", Zekers was a cowboy, and Kari Bou went as "the cutest pumpkin in the world." She didn't retain her stuffing long enough to let me get a good close-up.

By the end of the night, Rachel had accumulated a top-notch mer-fairy costume, complete with mullet, teeth, and granny glasses. For some reason, it sort of put me in mind of the show "Ugly Betty".

5 comments:

marissa finch said...

so now im wondering how kari's costume ended up staying on her face for church the next day....
(in case you've forgotten, she was orange on sunday)

Charity said...

Hey, watch it - if you make fun of Kari Bou, she may just decide to follow in her sister's footsteps and leave a little present on your shirt someday . . .

(Actually, she was a little ticked at me for putting orange makeup on her in the first place, and even more ticked when I tried to take it off. At least I got some of it! )

~~anna~~ said...

Now there's the family photo for the Christmas newsletter! :)
Kari Bou's orange cheeks remind me of the time early in our marriage Bob and i went to a party dressed as Raggedy Ann and Andy. I convinced him that red lipstick smeared on his cheeks would come off with no tell-tale traces. Considering this coming Friday marks our 34th anniversary, I guess he's foriven me for the rosy cheeks he went to work with the next day! :)

Anonymous said...

i agree. this would be a hilarious christmas card!

Charity said...

With the luck we've had getting a decent picture of our family, that actually may be in the realm of possibility . . .