Wednesday, August 22, 2007

After a Week of Fair Food

This is life from my current vantage point . . . I'm not sure what inspired this photo; we were standing near the Grand stand at the fairgrounds waiting for the rain to stop and I guess I had nothing better to do. The good news is, I can still see my feet!









Monday we went to the fair with my sister Hannah, her 2 kids Esther and Luke, and my mom. This has become an annual tradition for us; Hannah & I are just looking forward to the year we can attend the fair without one of us being pregnant! (and I think, so is Mom)







OK, I had to post this series of pix, because they are just too funny. This first one is Rachel and Zekers on their absolute favorite ride from last summer - the Dragon Wagon. They both loved raising their hands high and whooping and hollering through the ride's entirety.







This is about halfway in . . . and the expression on Zekers' face never changed! Isn't it just awful and hilarious at the same time? I know, I'm such a cruel mom, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the picture. Seriously, click on the picture for a closer look! I asked him after he got off if he wanted to go again, and he ran over to the entrance steps yelling excitedly, so it obviously didn't traumatize him too much . . . .


He seemed much more relaxed on the kiddie ferris wheel with Esther and Rachel. Karis rode with 2 other girls in a different seat, and nearly fell asleep.









They rode until about 2:00, at which point it began pouring down rain. This pic was taken just before a peal of thunder sent everyone into a panic and we had to unload all the kiddos before the ride began. By 3:30, every ride was shut down except the carousel, so guess what we rode about 8 times in a row? We all came home soaking wet and got into our sweats and watched a movie. What a day!

Just as a side note . . . the funnel cakes and the lemon shake-ups and the $1 corn dogs are worth consuming. I can't say the same for the $5 mugs of root beer that come with a lifetime of $1 refills. I think this "deal" is only available because they know there's no danger of having repeat customers (unless they don't mind paying $1 for tepid, flat sludge).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photo #1 - Is this an Oompah Loompah with grease stains? hmmm...interesting perspective.

Photo # 3 or is it 4? Now we know why he is so random...you've scared the bejeebees out of him! And thought it was funny? I see lots of shrinks in his future. Hmmm...interesting perspective.

No pictures of the annual cotton candy? That was a highlight!!!

Charity said...

it wasn't grease stains - it was rain drops!

and no . . the cotton candy is a gagfest as far as i'm concerned. it's like eating insulation!

Anonymous said...

You are an adorable pregnant lady...so beautiful. Wish I'd been as beautiful. Did not mean to make it sound any way other than that. Its just the photo was quite an interesting shot, quite funny actually! You are so creative! me

PS. One womans feast may be another ones gagfest. However, your children were delighted with the 'feast' so how about a cool photo of this special event next year?

jason said...

Didn't like the rootbeer, eh?

See if we ever give you guys anything again...

of all the ungrateful people... jeeminy!

:)

Actually, I thought it was pretty nasty too... Jodi must be the only fair goer that enjoyed such beverages

Anonymous said...

whoa! from that first photo i'd say your back must be killing you a good part of the day. you ARE getting nightly massages from danny, right??

if not, i'll send todd over to have a talk with him....

Anonymous said...

We left just in time on Monday, it started pouring about a mile into our drive home! We had fun as usual, can't wait till ESther can ride more rides next year.
You didn't mention anything about the fact that I had a little whiplash pain on Tuesday from the ride I rode with RAchel :-) we did have fun though!
Hannah

Anonymous said...

I had to LOL at the first picture! That's great! It looks like a picture out of our last year's astronomy book. Check out the horizon of this newly discovered purple-pink planet! Very creative photo, Charity. :) I have to admit I've always had a weakness for cotton candy. I hate the jittery sugar rush afterwards though! It's like drinking caffeine on an empty stomach.