Monday, August 13, 2007

A Flash of Color







The weekend was once again packed, but lots of fun . . .

Friday we spent the afternoon at the pool, then in the evening we headed over to the city park and got some cute pix of Rach. (I've decided to try taking some pix of the kids myself this fall and making copies, rather than getting studio poses. I like the backgrounds - and the poses - better!) The one with all three kiddos was taken just for fun, outisde a historic fort-type structure.






























Saturday morning we took off around 7:30, dropped Danny off at the hospital to be with a friend and neighbor who was having surgery, and the kids and I drove to my sister & bro-in-law's house to watch our niece and nephew for the day. Everything went pretty smoothly . . . until lunchtime, when Karis yanked the tablecloth off the table, bringing with it Luke's bowl of pureed fruit, which splattered EVERYWHERE, including the area rug. She then proceeded to fling her plate full of mac & cheese onto the floor. Afterward, all of the kiddos thought it would be great fun to dance on top of the table . . . until Mommy/Aunt Charity caught them (about 5 seconds into their fun)! The highlight of Rachel's day was giving Luke his bottle, while Kari Bou and Esther enjoyed going to the potty about 57 times each.

Karis also enjoyed playing "Let's make wierd faces" with Luke.






















Later that evening, we met some friends at an outdoor mall nearby. We ate at a sandwich shop and all the kiddos had a blast playing in the fountains while us Mommies and Daddies sat and talked and listened to '80's music by a local band and ran after the kids. They danced in the water and at one point Zekers decided to do push-ups over one of the fountains. We ended the evening with ice cream from Coldstone Creamery - yum!



Sunday I attempted to play guitar and sing with the worship team, although I felt like I was gasping my way through both services. Yep- definitely the third trimester! In the evening, Danny gave me the best gift ever: 5 hours to myself! He took the kiddos to visit Grandma & Grandpa so I could get some things done around the house in peace. I know this sounds kinda strange, but there is nothing more therapeudic for me than clean and organize the house without little munchkinds trashing it behind me as I go! I finished a ton of paperwork, cleaned a lot of the basement as well as the kids' rooms, did 5 loads of laundry and reorganized closets and drawers for when the baby comes.

I thouroughly enjoyed the time to myself, and I also enjoyed having everyone back again. I realized how nice it is to miss and to be missed; to receive great big bear hugs; to sit around the table eating blueberries, strawberries and cantalope and just being a family, enjoying the calm before the next week hits like a storm . . .

7 comments:

Chris said...

Sunday night was a great gift to us. It is nice to visit with Danny while the kids are playing and it is just "hang out" time. It was a relaxed visit and the kids were great !! Missed you though but am glad you enjoyed your time alone.

I will be glad to take the kids shopping if you want to spend some "alone" time cleaning MY house!!!!

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

when are you due?

Anonymous said...

That photo of Rachel IS a good one. Maybe you should go into photography! mm

Anonymous said...

Rachel looks soooo grown up in those pictures!!! ahhhhh!!!! I'll be up for your kids after this week!! Andi is pulling out on Sunday!! :( We'll need our kid fix!! lg

Charity said...

c&j's mom - October 12 is D-day, but i won't be shedding any tears if the baby comes earlier. :-)

linda - i'd be happy to provide an occasional kid fix for you guys!!

Lauren Mott said...

rachel is such a little lady!
good luck with kindergarten!!

Anonymous said...

October 12! Wow, that is coming up (not soon enough for you I'm sure)...can't wait to hear! :)