Monday, August 06, 2007

A Little Bit of This, a Little Bit of That

FruitaBu Update
Since I'm sure you've all been holding your breath about this one . . .

Today I purchased 2 boxes of Fruitabu from our local Kroger (for only 3.29 per box)! Thanks to some helpful suggestions, I went in a couple of weeks ago and asked if they could stock it, and they agreed. So everyone who lives in our town - buy some FruitaBu so they keep stocking it!!

Week in a nutshell
Something is in the air, and it definitely isn't love . . .

More like allergies . . .

I think my head is going to explode. And Kari Bou's. And Danny's.

Weekend Wedding
Danny had the privilege of marrying Ralph and Andrea, who we have known for a very long time and sort of watched grow up. Plus, we realized they've been dating for almost half of our married life . . . so they'd been waiting for this day for what probably seemed like forever. It was a sweet, beautiful wedding and a fun reception.

As usual, I once again didn't get a picture of the bride and groom at their own wedding. However, I did get some pretty sweet pix of Rachel and Danny dancing together, and of Rach with a little friend.























Reading Frenzy
I was up in the attic several days ago, desperately searching for some clothes that might fit me for the next couple of months, when my eyes fell on a box of books I collected while in college - mostly classics in paperback. I grabbed a couple from the top, and ever since have wanted to do nothing other than devour them. Reading for pure pleasure is something I haven't done since . . . I don't even know when. It was almost like a pregnancy craving; the first day I stayed up past midnight reading Fahrenheit 451 and the next I stayed up even later reading The Old Man and the Sea. I am now nearly finished with Pride and Predjudice, and have already stopped by the library to reserve A Clockwork Orange and A Brave New World - neither of which, I was shocked to discover, our library even carries! I now have to wait nearly 2 weeks to get them through interlibrary loan! The librarian herself seemed a little sheepish about this. I've read most of these before, but it was so long ago and a good book absolutely must be read more than once.

So . . . if I don't post very often for the rest of the summer, it's either because I'm lost in a good book, or because we're doing this:



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up with your books! This reminds me of when you were little and it was the worst punishment if mom and dad would take your books away! what a nerd :-) jk
hannah

Anonymous said...

I've been reading more than usual this past week, too, trying to make the most of these last few weeks of summer~

Sounds like you had a really full weekend, but it would have been great to see all of you at Sugar Grove last night! Hope you are keeping cool and feeling ok! :)

Chris said...

Books are better than pickles and ice-cream for you (and little "Bernie")

Anonymous said...

Well, there ya go...all the fruitabu you want! Glad that worked out. I'm so jealous of all your 'classics'. I'm going to go to the library myself now to request the two you mentioned...I've never read them. (are you horrified?) That would have been the worst punishment for me as a kid as well...although mom and dad would have been hard put to banish me from ALL my books. I always had a book stashed somewhere....ALWAYS. You just never know when you might have a few free moments to read! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lord, as I, with tears in my eyes, view the preciousness of our precious Rachel in her daddy's arms and see the joy and innocence on her face, I pray that You would protect that innocence and prepare for her (and the other 6 grandkids) a suitable mate, who will treat her as the valuable gem she is. And Father, help her to become the kind of wife who'll reverence that man and be the woman of his dreams. Please keep them safe and pure for each other, not just physically, but in every way. Help Rachel to have a healthy relationship with her daddy and help her mate to have a healthy reltionship with his mommy. If you wait that long to come for us, we'll look forward to that special day. (I know her daddy would not agree with that last statement, Lord!) We praise you for it is in You that all good things come! mm

Anonymous said...

are you sure you really want to stop at 4? you and danny make such adorable kids ;)

Charity said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charity,
I miss the days too when I would lose myself in a classic novel. Unfortunately, i have alot of free time right now and your post made me want to start reading again. Thanks for the needed inspiration. Might i recommend a couple of books to you that i remember so well? Have you ever read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
Anthony Mendoza

Charity said...

Hi Anthony! I have read a Tale of 2 Cities and loved it, but not One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I'll have to check it out.

Good to hear from you! How's the leg???

Anonymous said...

the leg is real bad. i don't know when i'll be walking again; it could take months to heal. i broke it as bad as a leg can be broken. the worst part is being confined to the house. i'm going crazy! but the support Sarah and I have received has been tremendous.
Anthony