Monday, September 03, 2007

Bits O' News

Our box of FruitaBu arrived last week, and it exceeded all our expectations. Almost as exciting as the actual product we received, were the packing peanuts, which of course ended up all over our living room floor. We're still finding them under some of the furniture. Our favorites are the twirls - little rolled-up strips of smooshed fruit, and the individually wrapped fruit leather. I think we now have enough to last us through the end of the year!

At 34.5 weeks, I am now down to about 5 shirts that actually fit. It's not that I'm that huge, really, but the baby dropped even more several weeks ago, so although it's much easier to breathe now, my stomach hangs down below the bottom of nearly every shirt I was able to wear up to the very end with the other three. I guess it's time to bust out the tent-like clothing for the next 5 weeks!

It's actually been kind of fun lately, being able to identify body parts as they push on my stomach. Danny was playing with the little guy a couple of nights ago: when we felt a foot, he'd push on it, and the baby would push back. Then Danny put his mouth up to my abdomen and started talking to the baby, and he got kicked in the mouth! It was such a sudden reaction, it scared us half to death. We couldn't decide whether the baby was going crazy from excitement at hearing his father's voice, or he's already sick of being preached at!

I finally feel ready for the baby to come. We've almost finished his room, all the baby clothes are washed and waiting, and yesterday I completed the gigantic task of reorganizing the kids' closets and drawers, putting away their too-small clothes and getting out their fall/winter stuff. I realized I may have hit a few too many garage sales this summer - Zekers may never wear the same pair of pants / jeans twice all winter!

And the countdown continues . . .

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Charity you look absolutely beautiful. I am sure you are ready. Did Rach start school yet? Ryan starts tomorrow, 5th grade. Yikes...
Love to you and the family,
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a LOT of fruitabu! You're so lucky...that's quite a bit of money represented there. I looked at our grocery store and sure enough...there were two boxes of Fruitabu in the health sections. $4.99!! I just couldn't bring myself to pay it for 8 small squares of fruit rollup. Maybe another time or if it goes on sale.

You look GREAT, Charity! All baby! I'm looking forward to hearing about Rachel's first days of school...I prayed for you guys this morning. (tues)

Chris said...

Do you have the name nailed down yet? I know you won't tell, but I am just wondering. I am hoping that Zeke isn't getting his way with Bernie.(Although Bernie is better than Pickle Boy.)

Charity said...

Mindy - Rachel started today . .. lots of tears when she got on the bus (not from her!). I need to ask you something; would you send me your email address? (charity@greenvillegrace.org)

Tarah - i figured up it was about $100 worth (at 3.29 per box, which is what our Kroger & Walmart charge). woo hoo! maybe i'll send you some and you can tell me what you think . . . thanks for praying for us today!

ma - it's pretty much between Malachi and Machaiah (sp?), but I underhandedly got all the kids calling him "Malachi" a few weeks ago, except for Zekers, who continues to call him "Bernie." And Danny, who calls him "Bug."

danny2 said...

i'm still holding out hope that it's athanasius "nate" wright!

Eileen said...

Yeah Charity, how neat to see a photo of YOU! For once you're on the Other Side of the camera. And lovely as can be. Beautiful. Really! =)

Yes, will be fun to hear about your Rachel's first day at high school -- or...was it kindergarten?

Oh - I just noticed you liked to MY blog on YOUR blog. Thank you! EE

http://russiawithlove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Charity, you look great! Seriously, a person's not supposed to look that good pregnant. :)

I think that maybe Danny was whispering "Athanasius" when he got kicked by the baby. Just a thought... ;) Even so, Nate is as cute as the other names. Can't wait to hear which one really gets used!

How did Rachel's first day go? I hope she love it! At least you got your tears out of the way for K-garten - I was shedding a few last week to send Julia off to high school. lol.

David said...

Charity - any particular reason for the Negative Utopian theme in your recent reading? Huxley, Burgess, Bradbury...good picks, especially Farenheit 451. Now you need to throw in some Orwell. Any reason for the trend?

Charity said...

Haha! I've actually been wanting to read 1984 again . . . i guess lately I've been in a negative utopian sort of mood. But I'm currently reading yet another book on being a godly wife that someone has given me and asked me to read (is this like being offered a breath mint, I wonder?) It's quite lengthy, so I am on a temporary hiatus from the NU thing, I guess!