Saturday, November 17, 2007

Compromise

OK, I've been "meme" tagged. I'm supposed to list 5 interesting things about myself and then tag 3 others to do the same. I'm usually the party pooper who breaks the chain; and I'm sorry to say I'm going to be that person again this time, except that I decided to partially play along and list 5 interesting things about myself. The munchkins usually take center stage in my posts these days, and I decided it's high time to showcase myself. (I'm sure there's a verse about that in the Bible somewhere.) To make up for not tagging anyone, I am listing 10 things, in no particular order:

1. Two of my toes grew together in high school. (long, painful and very gross story - I'll spare you the details)

2. When I was growing up, the worst punishment my parents could give me was to ground me from reading.

3. I do not have a sweet tooth (except when it comes to dark chocolate). In fact, I would rather have a bowl of corn for a snack, than cake or candy. Also, I love to save leftover cobs of corn and eat them cold.

4. I took a Russian language class in college on a dare, and loved it so much I ended up minoring in it, which involved 2 years of Russian classes, and one semester actually spent going to college in Russia.

5. My favorite outdoor activity is downhill skiing. I've only gone twice.

6. I have always wanted to sing the part of the Narrater in the musical Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat.

7. I was a Bible quizzer for 5 years, and then coached our church team for 2 years and our district team for one. (which is why Danny sometimes likes to call me "Quiz Nerd")

8. I've lived in Nebraska (9 years), Virginia (2 years), Indiana (5 years) and Ohio (all the other years). One year, we filed taxes for 3 different states. The next year, we hired a professional.

9. I once had a hair about 3 inches long on my stomach.

10. About twice a week, I sing "Candle on the Water" to my kids before they go to sleep (their request!)

9 comments:

lyndie said...

i too am very fond of chocolate, ONLY if it's dark (the chocolate that is- not the light...).
tho you may already know this:
corn is considered one of the sugar-iest veges (lots of carbs!). so, you DO have a sweet tooth- just for "healthy" carbs. ;)
i cried the year my two front teeth fell out and i was unable to eat corn. i think that's when i fell in love with popped corn.

Chris said...

Here are some others you forgot:

Before we knew you very well you made tuna salad at our house with KETCHUP! (we are still thankful you ate it yourself and didn't ask us to share)

Two words.....butt dart. I think you still owe me a big thank you for that one!

I could go on but it is getting close to Christmas and I want to stay on your good side. All these things make you the special person we have grown to love.

Anonymous said...

the corn thing....i used to go around after dinner eating the remaining corn on everyone's nearly empty cobs.....and the fat from everyone's steak. thought i'd post that here instead of on my own blog :PPP

Anonymous said...

um, that was many many many years ago, i might add

Anonymous said...

How about:

Wanting your belt tied so tightly we thought it would cut off circulation from your bottome half to your top half?

Insisting on doing your own hair from an early age.

Winning "Outstanding of the Day" at the Ohio State Fair on your yeast breads project at age 13.

Graduating from college DEBT FREE with lots of hard work, scholarships and very little help from your parents.

Making your sisters sign their names in blood in allegiance to you, their queen.

Clinging for life, with affection, to 2 silky green pillows.

Praying for a guy who kept himself pure...and God said...YES!!!

Getting a standing ovation for singing "Upon This Rock" (Sandi Patti) by over 2000 teens at BNYC.

We could go on! But the best...giving your mom 4 adorable grandkids!!! Ahhhh, that's sweet!

mm

Anonymous said...

That gives me chills, just thinking about when you got a standing O in front of the 2,000 people at BNYC in 2000! That was awesome! you need to sing that song for us at Christmas or something.
Hannah

Anonymous said...

I just realized I put 2000 in that comment twice, I just meant 2,000 people!
Hannah

Charity said...

Well, I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be singing "Upon This Rock" at Christmas, but what about our fake piano rendition of "O Holy Night"?? We haven't performed that one in a while!

marissa finch said...

i have recently grown out of my sweet tooth...but never will i grow out of dark chocolate...i keep that in my secret "away from the roommate" stash at all times!