Monday, November 19, 2007

'Tis the Season to be Thankful

I was hauling boxes and dishes out to the car yesterday to give back to people at church, and I started thinking about how fortunate I am . . .

. . . for 6 friends and 2 sisters who loaned me maternity clothes - since I ended up needing just about every season in every conceivable size!

. . . for weeks of meals people took the time to make or spent the money to buy and bring over; and for sweet, thoughtful gifts and cards for Malachi, and for Danny & me and the other kiddos as well

. . . for friends who have watched the kiddos so we could have a date night

. . . for a mother and a mother-in-law who spent days helping me and taking care of the 3 munchkins while we were in the hospital and for several weeks afterward

. . . for a husband who helps with the dishes, changes dirty diapers, and loves to spend time with the kids and with me; and who sets a good example of thankfulness



And it hit me once again at our communion service last night, how grateful I am for the word BUT:

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins . . . we were by nature objects of wrath . . .

BUT!!!

. . . because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive in Christ . . . it is by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:1-5

How thankful I am for that one "little" word!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And WE (your friends and family) are thankful for YOU. You have always been a bright spot from the day you were born. I thank the Lord for my 3 'babies' and your families!

I am also thankful for the many freedoms we still enjoy and for the Wallbuilders effort to help us know the deep roots of godliness of our nation.

And especially for the word..."but"

mom

Anonymous said...

i'm thankful for another word that begins with B ------ BREAK! as in thanksgiving break, christmas break, spring break......

Anonymous said...

Amen, Dee! As a former teacher, I'd STRONLY agree! mm