Monday, November 05, 2007

Visitors

I wanted to post some super-cute pix from last weekend, when both of my sisters and their families came to visit. Hannah, Kenneth, Esther and Luke came in the morning, on their way to the pumpkin patch where we went last month, and Sarah, Anthony and Addie came later in the morning and stayed most of the day. It was fun getting to see them and hang out for a while. I may be a little biased, but I think my nieces and nephew are some of the cutest kids I've ever seen!



What really blew me away was the magnetic draw of the baby toys we brought down from the attic for Addie. Who knew that a bunch of rattles & cloth blocks could so mesmerize a kindergartener, a preschooler and a toddler?? My munchkins played with the baby toys way more than Addie that day - and for a full week afterward. That settles it: I'm putting most of their toys in the attic for several months and giving them to the kiddos as birthday gifts! Hey, it would save some money, and some shopping time . . .



We accomplished the nearly-impossible, and managed to get a halfway-decent picture of all 7 cousins. My parents have gone from 4 grandkids to 7 in just 8 months. Christmas certainly won't be boring this year!








And I just had to put up this last picture - Malachi's one-month "portrait," taken in a rare moment when he wasn't either eating, sleeping, or crying! He weighs a little over 10 lbs and is 22.25 inches long - he's in the whopping 50th percentile for weight. I am doing cartwheels because I've never had a child this age make it past the 5th percentile. The kiddos love holding him, talking to him, and trying to shove a binky into his mouth; Rachel has actually been a huge help, and even Kari Bou will throw an occasional dirty diaper into the trash. And amazingly, no one has suggested sending him back. So far so good. Happy one-month anniversary, Kai!

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Charity, Simply precious - the photo with the whole gang! What a treasure to be all together and look how happy your kiddos are -- being such great hosts to their younger cousins. Love it! =) EE

Eileen said...

Charity, In addition to your Happy Hoppy Housewife blog is another really neat (Really Neat) mama's blog, *Daring Young Mom* at www.daringyoungmom.com. Like yours, delightful! =) EE

Lauren Mott said...

AW, Kai is waving at us!! He loves being on the internet! :)

Anonymous said...

What amazing eyes Malachi has! I just can't believe how well you keep things together with 4 little ones. You're my hero...motherwise.

SArah

Anonymous said...

Charity,
that totally works with the toys, although I never thought of wrapping them up as gifts, that's a good idea. I have 3 bins of toys in the basement and it's amazing how enthralling they are when they are brought upstairs. :-)
Hannah

Anonymous said...

I just want to kiss each precious little face. So adorable! Grandma M.