Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Just Another Manic Monday (& Tuesday)

Enough craziness transpired yesterday morning alone to fill 3 or 4 posts. And then came the afternoon . . . and then the evening . . . and today . . .

Pretty much every game and toy involving numerous small parts has ended up scattered around the house in the last 24 hours.

Kari Bou decided her stuffed bear needed to take a bath . . . in the toilet.

While I was feeding Kai, Kari Bou discovered a way to get into the candy bags our neighbors brought over for the kids, and helped herself to half a dozen Milky Way bars, which she drooled all over her shirt, jeans, and the newly-cleaned carpet.

Still feeding Kai, I took off her shirt to stain treat it, at which time she proceeded to run outside half naked. Zekers ran after her, dragged her back to the porch and tried to give her a spanking for disobeying him when he told her to come back.

Another time while I fed Kai: see above picture.

I came upstairs, after tending to several loads of laundry (which, by the way, has been absolutely kicking my hiney), to find Zekers and Kari Bou in Kai's room, where I had left him peacefully sleeping. This is NEVER a good thing. They had actually buried him under a mountain of stuffed animals from the toy chest - in an effort to "help him sleep better." (the second time this has happened)

While cleaning up Karis after lunch (You've never seen a disaster like her face, hands, and the entire area surrounding her chair after a meal) I heard Kai crying in the living room, and then what sounded like muffled screams. I ran to him, in time to see Zekers pinching his lips together to keep him from crying.

Rachel would periodically holler ever-so-helpful things throughout the moring: "Mom, Kai is puking his guts up!" or "Mom! Karis looks like she has 2 slugs coming out her nose!" (we've been having snot issues for the last few days)

Speaking of snot issues, Karis alternated between sneezing directly into Kai's face, and sucking on his binky and then giving it back to him. (I can't figure out why he now has a cold)

Everyone who calls my cell phone hears at least 5 seconds of background bedlam before I have a chance to say anything.

The munchkins have finally found a system that works for them: Karis and Zekers fight, scream, and maul each other, and Rachel gives me a play-by-play of what's going on, as well as an op-ed on what their punishment should be.

Kai wailed pretty much all morning, most of the afternoon, and all evening.

Kai also decided it would be fun, while in his little bathtub, to pee in a perfect arc into his bathwater and then onto my leg. It was so much fun that he repeated himself this morning - but this time, it was all over Kari Bou and myself, forcing us both to change clothes as we got ready to leave for our Tuesday morning Bible study.

Karis decided to mash red play doh into her hair (and her mouth)

And after all this, my sweet little Rachel informed me that I'm "like the wicked stepmother" and she's like Cinderella, because she has to do everything for me. (This, after I had the audacity to ask her to pick up several dozen crayons she'd spilled on the dining room floor)

I discovered 3 gray hairs this afternoon, and I can't figure out where they came from!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the sins of the father, i say. what else could it possibly be? :p

Anonymous said...

Your blog is definitely good birth control! I'm actually scared for malachi, you might need to lock up the other 3 until he is 1 year old or can fend for himself.
Hannah

Chris said...

I think Kari could be the next Mary Kay sales person in your family. She looks beautiful.(although the slug problem might spoil future photo shoots)

Maybe Kai would be safer in the toy box....it sounds like it has been empty the last few days.

And all this is why God gives children to younger moms. I wouldn't last a day in your shoes.

Eileen said...

Hey Charity, Goodness...would an extra set of hands (as in a helper) come in handy a few days a week? I'll bet there's somebody in the community who would love to give a hand like during crunch time (dinner time?). Thanks for sharing. And...down the road when they're older and *over their shenanigans* (like when they're teenagers? ;) ) maybe you'll look back and ...laugh. ? =)

Unknown said...

My daughter said the exact same thing to me right after our fourth was born (wicked stepmother comment)!I told her I would happily trade her responsibilities for mine, and listed the things she would be able to do as the mother. Laura will be one in a couple of weeks, and while our days are no less eventful, they definitely seem easier to deal with than a year ago. Hang on, this too shall pass! And, at least you have some great things to blog about!

Anonymous said...

LOL! This was great. Sorry I had a laugh at your expense. It was a fun read. You are a wonderful mom, Charity.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! So awful...and yet so normal! :) Brave of you to attempt Bible study! If those are your first 3 grey hairs, you are doing pretty well. Mine started popping up when David was born. Just think of how mellow Kai will be! How can he help it with the 3 tornados whirling around him?