Saturday, December 29, 2007

Jolly Old St. Nick (& Other Christmas Pix)

The weekend before Christmas, we took the kiddos to a nearby park that has all kinds of different Christmas lights set up. We took in the lights, then went into the log cabin for hot cocoa, cookies and Santa. (They know he's just a guy dressed up like Santa, but still think it's fun to sit on his lap - except for Kari Bou, who sat as far away as possible!) I thought the picture turned out to be pretty cute, except for one thing: isn't St. Nick supposed to be jolly? This one looked a little bored and /or disgusted to me. It sort of reminded me of the Santa in A Christmas Story, which we watched, of course, on Christmas Eve.

There are way too many cute pictures for me to post all of them, but here are a few that topped the list:



The munchkins on Christmas Sunday. I LOVE dressing the boys in sweater-vests, and I guess I'd better do it while I can. As a friend with older children told me, in about 6 years they won't be caught dead in them.



Malachi hit it off with Grandma Wright ("Gramoo"), when we spent the day with the Wright side of the family on Christmas Eve. A highlight of his day was getting to spit up all over her Christmas sweater.







The Year of the Babies! In 2007 all three pastors' wives at our church have given birth; as well as all three Miller sisters (5 babies total, since I'm in both categories!). So quite a few babies whose parents I dearly love just had their very first Christmas this year. (Top pic: Malachi with Audrey, born in July, and Owen, born in April. Bottom pic: Malachi with Luke, born in February, and Addie, born in May.)



Christmas morning. I think Danny and I were more excited than the kids. After last year's breakfast debacle, we went with a meal of cold cereal and juice; finished our advent tree & read the Christmas story; and then tore into the gifts.



And good times were had by all . . .



After our little family Christmas, we piled kids, food, gifts, chairs and the kitchen sink into our van and drove down to celebrate Christmas with the Miller side of the family. Malachi spent a lot of time with Grandpa Miller, and they shared some good laughs.

And yes - our tree lasted until the day after Christmas this year! That's one day longer than last year's tree. And now I'm headed off to tackle the imposing mountain of too-small clothes I've weeded from the kids' closets over the past couple of weeks. . . many of which were purchased around the beginning of the school year . . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have adorable pictures! i love all the smiles - especially from malachi:) my favorite christmas memories are from when the kids were small and enthralled with all the little gifts they got - and the packaging!

i sure miss the weekly visits with your kids after life group....

Charity said...

We miss you guys too. :( But Kari Bou and Zekers told me they got to play with Cami & Marissa this morning at church!

Chris said...

I think it was my Christmas sweater that made him throw up. I am sick of it too.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that you read the Debi Pearl book....are you going to review it? I read it too last year.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures - so cute. Malachi is looking older already. He is so expressive for your pictures, such a cute smile! Great Christmas photo, too!

The sweater vests are too cute. Enjoy it while you can - I don't think I could get one on either of my boys anymore. One of them is even disturbed over the "cute" holiday outfits he was dressed in when he was little and has plotted to be in charge of my nursing home wardrobe someday. lol. Looks like my final days may be colorful ones. :)

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel any better, my friend got a sweatervest for christmas and he loves it. he is kind of weird though... ha:)

-katie puckett

Charity said...

well, Zekers is kind of wierd, too, so maybe there are sweater vests in our future! :-)