Sunday, December 23, 2007

Things You Never Wanted to Know

I've been tagged again! I'm supposed to share five random facts about myself and then tag several others. I'm not going to tag anyone else, but what could be more fun than writing about myself?? So here are five facts about me that I'll bet most of you didn't know (and will probably wish you hadn't found out). . .

1. When I was a young child, my exhausted mother used to send my sisters and me to bed for a nap every day, during which time I kept myself occupied by picking my nose and using the contents to make designs on the wallpaper by my bed.

2. Danny and I adopted a little gray Holland Lop bunny shortly after we were married. We named him "Larry", but more often than not, referred to him as "Bubba".

3. One of my favorite things to receive at Christmas is striped socks.

4. I just started doing a Zumba class (a workout incorporating various types of Latin dance). I discovered it actually is possible to have a blast, while at the same time feeling like a bumbling klutz.

5. One summer during my college years, I worked in the skip-trace department of Bank One with my sister. So determined were we to save money for school, we parked almost a mile away from the bank, where the parking was free; packed our lunches every day; and worked our hineys off to locate debtors for daily bonus money (something like $4.00). On the weekends, we gave plasma for book money. For exercise, we climbed the stairs in our building during breaks (it was the tallest building in the city - I don't remember how many levels, but there were a LOT). Yeah, we were just a little crazy.

6. One more bonus fact: This is the first year I haven't gotten all giddy over Christmas, starting in October. I haven't really gotten into the Christmas spirit until this past week. Maybe this year we'll leave our tree up until the day after Christmas!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Does anyone know how HARD it is to clean wallpaper of this type of material? It is almost permanent!!

2) With a 'GrandBunny' named Larry, we had almost no hope of any grandchildren...till he ate the carpet..and soon there was no bunny and there was a Rachel and...and..and...and??

3)Guess what you'll be getting LOTS of in the future for Christmas from everyone who reads this blog!

4) Oh, to have your energy!

5) Wasn't that just ONE of two jobs? Didn't you and Hannah both work about 80 hrs/ week that summer? And that my dear is part of why you graduated debt free!

6) Having a new baby and the toll that takes plus having 4 little ones with you 24/7 with few breaks just might be part of the reason this year...next year will be better!

See ya Tuesday! Mom

brother_barabbas said...

Tell Big D to give me a call if he needs any help with that tree removal....I'll bring my 20" Stihl Farm Boss chainsaw and we'll chop that baby into managable pieces before we carry it out to the curb...............!!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the Christmas picture of your cute, little, or not-so-little, family! Did you know what you were getting into, letting us all know this blog exists? Wow, I'm discovering more about your family than I ever wanted to know! Hopefully your kids have developed better napping habits than their mother had! Gross!

Great fun reading this stuff!

Love ya,
Kati

shoemama said...

Yes!! I got you your favorite Christmas gift.
I still wonder how we did what we did that summer. It was definitely fun eating lunch in the square downtown though.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the time I asked Kari to stop picking her nose to which she responded "Well then Grandma, can I pick my forehead?"

It must be a Miller thing. I never had to scold Danny for picking his nose. In fact I never had to help him blow his nose or wipe it. Hey, I wonder where all those boogers went...OH GROSS! I thought it was just rubber glue on his hands.!

Charity said...

Eeewwww!

Anonymous said...

Charity, thanks so much for the surprise package!! How great that was! The kids loved it, I might have to start buying them now. :) And, I had to laugh at what the boxes were packed in....what else but WalMart bags? :D Thanks for brightening our day!