Monday, January 28, 2008

Thoughts

This is one of those times when blogging falls short. . . knowing all of my ramblings are pretty much public domain restricts my writing to certain topics. And while I really enjoy sharing pictures of my kids and writing about family goings-on, and giving an occasional unasked-for opinion, I am not now, and have not been for several days, in the frame of mind for any of the above.

God has been digging down into the recesses of my heart lately, and what He's unearthed . . . well, it's not pretty. I'm just sort of processing things He's brought to my attention and feeling intense conviction in several specific areas, mostly about attitudes, which of course, reveal themselves in the words and actions that spew forth.

And so, since this is one of those rare afternoons where the younger three are all napping peacefully at the same time, I am going to immerse myself in I John for a while. Contemplate. Ruminate. Pray like crazy. Try not to flinch too much from the chipping-away of stupid stuff I hang on to for dear life.

It's a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Charity, for the courage to admit "publicly", that it is indeed NOT all fun and games, and you, like all of us, need to just be quiet and submerse yourself in Him for awhile. Hopefully none of us are so fooled as to think anyone else has it all nailed and doesn't struggle with stuff. May we all be here to support each other in the very realness and toughness of life.

Sharing in your struggle,
Kati

Anonymous said...

I prayed for you this morning, Charity. I hope you enjoyed some good time with the Lord. I know Satan loves to wake the kids, make the phone ring, or have me notice the dried cereal under the couch as soon as I purpose to sit down and 'ruminate' on the Word. I prayed that nothing would hinder some precious time at His feet this week. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog.