Friday, February 08, 2008

Culinary Paradise

There are 2 restaurants in the world that make my husband absolutely giddy: BW3 and Chipotle. What can I say? He's a man of expensive taste.

So when we discovered the earth-shattering news that not only was a new Chipotle set to open yesterday in a city near us, but that they would also be serving FREE burritos and drinks all day - well, we canceled all our plans (because with 4 kiddos we have such a thriving social life - haha!), and headed to said city around 5 PM for the feast.

When we arrived around 5:30, the line was out the door and ran down the length of the building. So Kari Bou and I waited in line while Danny and the other 3 weenies stayed in the nice warm van. They joined us about 30 minutes later, when we got to the door. It was high drama - an ambulance showed up shortly after our arrival for a woman who got to the counter to order and then passed out. Danny figured the excitement must have been too much for her.

Was it worth the wait? You betcha! I tried to get a picture of Danny inhaling his burrito, but I think he was a little embarrassed by the fact that I even had the camera out in the first place, so these will have to suffice.




Malachi sat and stared at Danny's burrito in total awe





Danny took this pic while we waited in line.

It wasn't until after we came home and put the kids to bed that I found out this was Danny's second trip to Chipotle - he'd also been there for lunch.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I gotta say, I thought I was a big Chipotle fan, but on hearing that you guys actually waited in line outside for free food......you get the prize!!!! I guess I'm not a true fan after all. I'm planning to wait until the lines die down before I make my first visit. I just don't have the patience.

:) Kati

Anonymous said...

And left you at home with the kids? He'd better fork out for Valentine's to make up for THAT!

Jodi Bradshaw said...

Has Danny been to the bathroom a lot the last few days? If I ate Chipotle twice in one day lets just say you would not see me for a while.

Anonymous said...

I have a coworker who also went twice on opening day! Crazy!
Janie

Anonymous said...

please tell me - where is "said city"? i didn't hear anything about this.

so, evidently you didn't think burritos would be nutritious enough for your kids....was that a bowl of fruit i saw in the pics? only you, charity! :)

Brooke said...

MMMM! I love Chipotle. With my first pregnancy, I ate there at least once a week...no matter how sick I was, I could eat a burrito there, how weird is that?! We don't have one, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for news that we might so we could enjoy a free burrito day! -Brooke

Anonymous said...

how can you let zeke wear a steelers shirt??? you should make him wear a chargers shirt, or at least a bengals shirt.

Charity said...

Cami, you'll have to take that up with Danny - he insists that Zeke has to "represent"!