Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Rachel Afternoon

Any parent would agree that it's often a challenge to spend time doing special activities with each child on a regular basis - which is why I have been looking forward to this afternoon, when I had the chance to help out at Rachel's kindergarten class Valentine party.

It was pretty low-key; 2 other moms and I loaded 20 plates with cookies, candy and cupcakes, and helped the kids with their juice boxes, as they all handed out little valentines they had made for their classmates. Rachel loved that many of them came with tattoos! It was just fun to see how excited she was that I came to her class. She kept coming over and hugging me, and wanting me to meet some of her friends. I couldn't help but think that this most certainly won't be happening in 10 years; in fact, she'll probably hug me for not coming to see her in class!

Overall, I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day, but I enjoyed watching Rachel and her little friends - all of them were so cute. Later, Danny ran a couple of errands with Zekers and Kari Bou, and Rach & I did a silly photo-shoot on the couch while Malachi drooled all over his mega-saucer.

*Sigh* She's growing up way too fast . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which is why I keep telling her to "STOP IT!" (Stop growing up!) :) And she won't listen...just like her mommy didn't...and look at you! So PROUD of photo #2...I need one to show off my beautiful daughter to my friends! HA! MM

lyndie said...

ah, this brings back fond memories of my kg holiday parties... she'll remember those times you were there. keep up the good work. :)

Anonymous said...

Just as an encouragement to you Charity, I was in charge of Ryan's Valentine's party last Thursday. Although at 11, he doesn't exactly acknowledge me too much (or really talk to me that much) in class, he told me that the class really likes having me come and play games with them. We look for the little delights as they get older. Oh for the kindergarten days...
mindy

Charity said...

Well, it's encouraging to know that at Ryan's age he still likes having you come to his class! I really try to remind myself on some of the more challenging days that one day I will look back with fondness on this time of my kiddos' lives . . .

Anonymous said...

wow - in that last picture of rachel i really see a striking resemblance to danny....