Sunday, March 30, 2008

Forever Unmoved

Those who trust the LORD are like Mount Zion, which sits unmoved forever (Psalm 125:1 - NCV).


I came down to the computer to post several pictures from the weekend's birthday festivities, but after taking an in-depth look at Psalm 125 for the Bible study I'm participating in (Stepping Up by Beth Moore), everything else just seems kind of . . . silly? pointless? frivolous? I long for these truths to do more than just steep in the recesses of my heart and mind; I want them to flow out of my everyday life!

How much do I trust the LORD? Translated YHWH, this title in particular emphasizes God's role as covenant-maker and -keeper. A covenant is sacred - once made it is set in stone, unbreakable in God's eyes.

So . . . how much do I trust Him? I say I trust Him completely. I want to trust Him completely. But do I? When it comes to taking that first very real step, I feel myself standing on the edge of the high dive, trying desperately to muster the guts to take the plunge. He promises to be faithful . . . He cannot be otherwise. Then why do I continue this lifelong struggle to overcome my unbelief?

I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. . . The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by your side . . . The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul (Psalm 121:1,2,5,7).

O Lord, increase my faith! For even the faith to trust You comes from YOU.

3 comments:

Kati said...

God always answers the prayers to increase our faith. Be ready, Charity!

Anonymous said...

I just ordered that study a few days ago! Hoping it's in our mailbox today. I can't wait!

Charity said...

Tarah, it's very different from the Daniel study and I haven't been able to decide whether I like it as much. But some of the Psalms we've looked at are just so amazing when you really take the time to look at them in-depth.