Monday, April 28, 2008

Just Another Day

It's high time for another picture post! There are too many to choose from, so I'll stick to one picture of each munchkin.

Last week finally felt like spring, and we spent most of it out-of-doors. Malachi had his first trial run in the baby swing, and loved it. He has started crawling - he rocks back and forth mostly, and does the inch-worm thing, but today he actually moved forward a little on his hands and knees. He's also slept through until around 6am the past 4-5 days - yea! He's usually either screaming his head off or grinning from ear to ear - there's no middle ground. I can't believe how fast the past few months have flown by - he'll be 7 months on May 3rd.


Sunday we attended the AWANA awards banquet; Rachel and Zekers each received a certificate for completing their books! Danny and I laughed when we realized we also had received a certificate for helping Zekers finish his year of Cubbies. I guess it makes sense - at that age, kiddos are pretty much dependent on their parents to help them learn verses. But all the same, we found it kind of humorous.

We also found out that Zekers is Zekers, no matter the setting. We hear almost weekly about the random comments he shouts out during Cubbies. He can be super sweet, though. Today he told us that when Karis joins Cubbies next year, he's going to take care of her.

It has been so cool this year working with Rachel on her book; I never would have thought of having a 5-yr-old learn the books of the New Testament or memorize a 4-verse passage of Scripture, but this year proved that she's capable of a lot more than I give her credit for. I'm thankful that the AWANA program is there for parents like us who need a little extra prodding and accountability to work with our kids this way. The kiddos have absolutely loved it.

And then there's Kari Bou. Her hair's finally gotten long enough that I can put it in a couple of little pigtails, and she had her first haircut 3 weeks ago (only because the front part was hanging in her eyes). There is nothing more impy than Kari Bou in pigtails. When she's angry, she furrows her brow and points at the offending party (usually me!). When I make the same face and point back at her, she busts out laughing - it's too cute.

So there they are. I'm not saying there aren't days I feel like running from the house screaming; but for the most part, I have so enjoyed spending time with the munchkins lately. They always find a way to make me laugh. They also seem to find a lot of ways to make Malachi cry, but we're working on that . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karis looks soooo much like a little Charity. I can't belive how she looks like you in that pic!

Sarah

Kati said...

Your kids are just plain beautiful. All so different but still all totally look like they should be your kids! It is really good you're able to enjoy them. Cherish those moments and "save" them for rougher times. As you know, its not always so enjoyable :) :(

Charity said...

Sarah - I was actually thinking how much she reminds me of you in those little pigtails!

Kati - i know what you mean; these days will pass all too quickly, although it sure doesn't seem like it sometimes!