Friday, May 30, 2008

Notes From the Crib

My Mommy's not feeling very well today, so I thought I'd give her a break and do a post for her. Besides, in several days, I'll be turning 8 months old, and I think it's high time we posted some more pictures.

My life has gotten so much more fun since I discovered the joy of eating paper! I eat everything I can get my hands on - except carrots and peas. I love chewing on Daddy's bills and Rachel's homework; the other day I was so proud of myself when I managed to eat a large section of her teeth brushing chart for school. I also like to chew on lint.












To advance myself in this area, I decided I was just going to have to be able to get around faster, and I devised a way to crawl at unbelievable speeds toward any given object of desire. When I discovered that this didn't quite satisfy my lust for eating household objects, I decided I would just have to start pulling myself up so I could stand and reach even more forbidden fruit. Plus, I get a kick out of making mommy yell and chase me around the house.

All of this has made me much happier, though. Lately I've decided that it's just more fun to smile than to be a grump (and I've heard it requires less facial muscles). I get lavished with all kinds of attention from my sisters and brother, and sometimes I even enjoy it! One of my favorite things to do is go to church and smile like a lunatic - I love being around people and being able to see all kinds of activity.


The one thing that I can't understand is why I haven't gotten any teeth yet. The bottom front 2 have been so close for so long. I've heard Mommy and Daddy say something about getting out a razor, but for now, I just try to speed the process by chewing on Mommy's face - especially her nose and her chin. It's just weird to me that no one else I see ever has drool hanging from their mouth like I do all the time. I sometimes like to use it to make Rachel yell - for some reason, she doesn't like it dripping all over her.

Well, that's about it. All of this writing has put me in an adventurous mood. I've been sleeping from 8:30pm - 5:30am, getting up to eat, and then sleeping for another couple of hours, so I'm feeling well rested and ready to destroy something. Gotta run (crawl) . . .

6 comments:

Kati said...

I heard kids are learning to use the computer younger and younger these days, but this is a little ridiculous!

Malachi--you have the MOST WONDERFUL smile!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've been trying to leave a comment on Danny's blog. But for whatever reason, I can't seem to create an account. So...I just wanted to say how very much we love that book (The Jesus Storybook Bible). Anna came home from that trip with Matt a month ago with that book. The pastor's wife had given it to her. And, I just started reading it to her at night. Not only are the illustrations unique and engaging, but I just love how it presents the entire Bible as one big Christ-centered Story (as it should be. And in a way that even a 5 yo can see it. What a wonderful tool it is! We plan to read it again and again. I was just thinking last night that I needed to blog about it and recommend it to others.

Oh...and Malachi, you are pretty cool too! ;) We can't wait to meet you in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

cute post, charity! and i love the new picture with all the kids around you!

you are right about malachi smiling at everyone in church. who can have a bad morning after that? can you imagine how many people he'd cheer up with that smile in a nursing home??? he's going to be a great PR guy one day!

Lauren Mott said...

Malachi, you are so articulate for an 8 month old!

Anonymous said...

By the way, what does Malachi look like with his mouth shut? Is it ever closed? He is usually laughing or crying or 'talking.' What a 'doll!'
mm

Liska said...

I'm here to tell you that is one sweet kid. Thanks so much for lending him to us Sunday! He was happy, smiling, busy, and the hit of the cookout.