Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moments


Well, I learned an important lesson on Father's Day. Attempts to photograph 4 squirmy children together before church, with the sun in their eyes, will result in disaster! Ah well, it was a good thought. At any rate, I thought it was sweet that Danny insisted on buying the girls matching dresses when we saw them on sale over the weekend. Normally, clothes shopping is right up there with scrubbing toilets on his list of not-so-favorite ways to spend time. So for him to express an opinion about anything in a clothing store was pretty remarkable, and I felt compelled to submit!

Karis came out onto the porch one day this weekend and asked, "Watcha doin', Dad?" He replied, "I'm reading my Bible, Boo Bear." With an exasperated look on her little round face, she protested, "But you already did that yesterday!" We both kind of chuckled, and then he explained that he likes to read the Bible every day, because it helps him become more like Jesus. A few minutes later, she climbed up next to him and just sat there with her little zebra, watching him read.

It's simple moments like these that make me indescribably grateful for God's blessings in our lives.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard at the facial expressions in that first photo! Especially Karis and Zeke! Priceless!

And what a great memory for Karis's scrapbook...she with her Daddy spending time where it counts!

mm

Kati said...

I saw Karis in the nursery Sunday evening in her little dress and felt the urge to give her a big squeeze (though I refrained, thinking she probably wouldn't appreciate it, coming from a near stranger) because she reminded me of Erin at that age, having a very similar little sundress. I didn't get the chance to see Rachel.

Chris said...

Poor Kari, after she grows out of her dress she will grow into Rachels dress. It will seem like she has been wearing the same dress her entire childhood.

They both looked really cute. The boys were sweet too in their matching shirts.

Jodi Bradshaw said...

That first picture cracks me up! Danny looks more annoyed than any of the kids :)

Anonymous said...

PS You have to CLICK on the photos and ENLARGE them to get the full effect of their expressions! I am still laughing! mm

Charity said...

Yeah, Danny was pretty annoyed - especially since I kept trying to get a good pic and they just kept getting worse. The kids all look like they're drinking lemon juice!

Margaret said...

I remember when our children were Karis's age...it was easier for me to have my Bible reading before they got up, but I usually spent some time in devotions when they were around. I always felt it was important to see Mommy reading God's Word. I love that pic of Danny & Karis.

Anonymous said...

i'm going to remember malachi's solution the next time i'm facing the sun and someone wants a picture - focus on the toes. smart guy!!

~~anna~~ said...

Did you consider turning the swing so it wasn't facing the sun?
But then you wouldn't have had this memorable photo with those oh so interesting facial expressions!
Love the matching outfits...and the fact that their daddy picked out their dresses makes them even more special....

danny2 said...

of course, to turn the swing around would have meant that charity would have taken the picture from inside the house!

(actually, i know what you mean. i could have moved it into the yard and faced the opposite direction...but it a moment of blatant laziness i convinced myself that would be SO much work.)

so, instead we squint.