Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Week

There isn't much to report from the past week; pretty much just life as usual. I do have to share these 2 photos, though, of Karis at her first dentist appointment. She was such a big girl - she sat still the whole time and did exactly what the "dentist" told her. (I still can't get her to understand that the dental hygenist who cleaned her teeth wasn't actually the dentist.) And you'd have thought it was Christmas when she received her toothbrush, toothpaste, and little tiny container of floss - PLUS a sticker!

I had scheduled all three of the kiddos - and myself - for appointments together, and while Karis was being worked on, I could hear Rachel giving her hygenist way too much family information, and Zekers interjecting comments at the top of his lungs. ("I wanna be a RAINBOW FISH!!!!" "I'm gonna go to Cubbies again and wear my VEST!!", etc.) The highlight of the visit, for all three of them, was getting to wear sunglasses because of the bright lights.

And now I thought I'd put up a few photos of the place we've spent a lot of our time this summer. I was debating whether or not to buy a pass, but since 3 of us are paying customers this year, I decided to go for it, and I'm so glad I did. We've already gotten more than our money's worth, since we've been going at least once or twice every week. It's worked pretty well so far: we eat lunch, go to the pool when it opens, around noon, and stay 2-3 hours, or as long as Malachi allows. Then we come home, and usually they're so tired out, they take great naps!

Malachi has gone from screaming at the mere sight of water, to walking up and down the length of the kiddie pool while hanging onto the edge of it. He has even started being OK with sitting in his floatie for short periods of time. Karis has become the water slide queen. She wouldn't go near it until this week, and now it's all she wants to do. The other day, she spent 2 hours going down the slide and climbing back up.

With the hot and humid weather we've had lately, the pool has been a lifesaver, and the only way to get the kiddos out-of-doors to play. I'm just hoping it takes them another several years to discover the concessions!







(The pool looks like a ghost town in these pix, because we went after Danny got home from work a few evenings ago and everyone had pretty much cleared out. Which is why I had a chance to take some pictures!)

14 comments:

Kati said...

Charity, you are the only mom I know who would think to take her camera to the dentist! Why don't I think of stuff like that?

~~anna~~ said...

What? No pix of you in the dental chair?
That pool looks inviting! We have a much smaller one here at our apartment...it's amazing how m uch a five minute dip can cool the body!
See you Sunday!

Jessi said...

Ya, Charity, I have to agree with Kati and say that I wouldn't think of taking my camera to the dentist either! That's awsome that you think of things like that! I love the picture of Malachi...so cute!

Jessi said...

***correction*** I love all the pictures of your kids...I just commented on Malachi, because he's the baby and babies just change so much the first year of their life. He and Seth are becoming "big boys" now!

Charity said...

If you all think I'm over the top with picture-taking . . . I just talked with a friend who took 1,500 pictures in 2 weeks! (of course, that was in Europe . . .)

Jessi said...

Don't justify yourself Charity...you do take A LOT of pictures! (I mean this laughing and with pure fun)! come on, it was europe for goodness sakes, you probably would have taken twice that much!
In all seriousness I admire how much you do capture of your kiddos. You will have so many memories to share with them as they grow!

Jodi Bradshaw said...

I guess you will never regret having to many pictures. I already do not take enough so I guess by the time we have multiple children we will just do yearly pics :). Your family is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hoorah for Karis and the slide!! By the way, it looks like the poor little dear has a big booboo on the left knee. mm

Margaret said...

you do a GREAT job of pics, charity! I've started taking my camera with me in my purse, but I get home and realize i forgot about it...duh!

let's see...we took about 1800-2000 pics on our new zealand trip last year

oh jodi, i hope you do a better job taking pics with multiple kids than we have...laina reminded me we never got her 10 yr old pic done. she told me not to worry aobut it since she's almost 11...what a mom! :(

btw, charity, i noticed you have a link to my xanga site; i don't do a very good job of updating that one like i do my blogger site- you might want to change it.

Anonymous said...

you mean YOU don't get excited about the free toothbrush and floss after your visit to the dentist????

Charity said...

Margaret, i had no idea you have a blogger site!! what is the address?

Kati said...

Charity--Margaret's on vacation this week. You can find a link to her blogger site on my blog.

shoemama said...

2 comments - Your kids do a lot better than mine at the pool and at the dentist! And I love Karis' Crocks! :-)

Charity said...

someone smack me and say "duh!" . . . and then i'll just click on her name.