Thursday, September 24, 2009

All About Moo

Next Saturday, our Mr. Moo will celebrate his 2nd birthday. This thought fills me with a strange mixture of emotions. I'm a little sad that my baby is getting so big, in spite of my best efforts to keep this from happening. At the same time, it's been an absolute joy to watch him grow! He's not the same bald, high-maintenance little guy he was a year ago. (Now he has hair!)

I thought I'd jot down a few unique qualities of Mr. Moo . . .


~ To ask for something, he says "Pleeeeeeaaaaase", while rubbing his chest with BOTH hands.

~ He is capable of beating up any and all of his siblings!

~ I've lost count of the number of goose eggs / head injuries he's acquired in the past few months.

~ His mouth is always open.

~ One of his favorite games involves punching me in the arm. I then "punch" him back in the chest, arm or stomach, which makes him laugh hysterically.

~ Speaking of laughs, he's got the happiest, dorkiest, most contagious belly laugh I've ever heard.

~ He does everything 100%, which is what's earned him his other nickname of "Full Throttle."

~ I never knew it was possible for a child to be this messy or just plain disgusting, until Moo came along. He's actually drooled in my mouth while giving me a kiss, and pretty much makes me gag on a daily basis.

~ If you call him anything else, he'll say, "No, I'm Moo." (He does answer to the name "Malachi" as well)

~ He's a clown. There's nothing more motivating to him than getting a laugh. Good luck trying to stop him when that happens!

~ He thinks he can do everything his siblings do - never mind that they're all older. He became enraged at the beginning of the summer, when reality set in and it became obvious he wasn't going to be able to ride a bike without training wheels. He also likes to stand on a stool in front of the potty without his diaper. Nothing ever comes out, but he's proud as punch just the same.

~ Possibly the most endearing quality about Moo: He's a Mama's boy. He gives great bear hugs, and loves to nestle into me.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Moo - I love you!

Spring 2008


Fall 2008




First haircut - August 2009


September 2009

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Moo is soooo cute, But I can hardly beieve it has been two years since he was born! He has grown up so fast!!!

Sue House

JanAl said...

I love Mr. Moo, he is such a sweet boy! He looks way to grown up in the picture of him getting a hair cut!

Unknown said...

Yes, he looks way grown up getting his hair cut! Thanks for the post! It reminds me that my Zach is going to be 2 already, too! Time flies by way too fast!

linda g said...

I just love him! What a sweetheart! Happy birthday, sweet boy!! linda

Chris said...

Junior "Nerdman" if I ever saw one....

Anonymous said...

He has a great smile!

Sarah

Kati said...

It is funny he has the reputation for being a gross baby! I changed his diaper in the nursery a couple weeks ago....I can testify! :)

His sweet smile more than makes up for it, though. Happy Birthday, Malachi!

marilyn66 said...

What a little lover boy he is! We are going to have to watch HIM! And he doesn't look so much like Tow-Mater anymore!

Eileen said...

What a sport, that Malachi of yours. He's like a delightful exclamation point at the end of a sentence. ;) Neat how you list individual traits of each child. Fun to see how each is so unique. Keep up the good work there Charity. You're so special!

Charity said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! I love being a big 2-year-old!

Mr. Moo