Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's So Short

At 2:30 this afternoon, we said good-bye to Karis' hair. Well, to most of it, anyway. Thank goodness for sunglasses, which hid my tears from a very excited little girl, who adores her new 'do. I'll admit it - I cried. Then I devoured most of an 8-oz block of Swiss cheese which I had just purchased at Kroger. Most people drown their sorrows in chocolate. I go for cheese - lots and lots of cheese. Which may explain my need to drink so much coffee.

Anyway, I do realize it could have been much worse. But for now, I'm going to let myself be just a little bit sad as I mourn the loss of pigtails and braids, and try to console myself with the thought that it really will grow back.




13 comments:

Jennifer said...

it really is So Cute!

JanAl said...

love it!

she would be CUTE even with no hair!

It's a personality thing! ;]

Brian/Janie said...

i think it is cute too, sometimes it is hard to be a mother!!

Dee said...

looks like a great wash-n-go style!!

marilyn66 said...

Cheesy Hugs, my dear! It shows how curly her hair is! I love you both!

Chris said...

Still a very kissable face. She touches my heart in so many ways!!
I like it better longer but it does look pretty darn cute this way too.
Do you think she learned her lesson?
I must admit I have chopped on my hair quite a few times too - and I should know better.

marilyn66 said...

SWISS CHEESE is VERY appropriate, you know...we Emches are from Swiss stock and there has ALWAYS been genuine, room temp, sweatin' Swiss cheese at all reunions!

Margaret said...

absolutely adorable!! I'm pretty sure you will grow to love the simplicity of shorter hair! :)

Anonymous said...

She looks cute. YOU just have to get used to it :)

Sarah

Charity said...

Thanks, girls. I guess it just takes some getting used to. And I think she has learned her lesson - I told her if she cuts off any more hair, she's not going to have any left!

Valia Lind said...

Adorable! I actually just stumbled on your blog looking for followers for mine. Im a first time author trying to promote my book. Its a christian romance novel. If you get a chance, please take a look at my blog: wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com
Thank you!

Nicole Marie said...

that is adorable hair....personally I am biased to think that short hair is the way to go... :)(just ask my mother how i feel!) so you can tell her that I LOVE it and it looks great!!!

Charity said...

Awww . . . thanks Nicole. We miss you!