Tuesday, May 04, 2010

It's Official

No, we're not having another baby. *grin* But I am officially registered for the Lou Cox Memorial 5K to be held at UD on May 31st. To be perfectly honest, I really don't want anyone to know about it, with the exception of my dad and sis, who talked me into running it "with" them (in this case, "with" = "way behind"). I hate committing to this, because it means getting up earlier every morning and running more than once a week. It means actually disciplining myself and working at something . . . ugh.

So . . . I'm broadcasting this on my blog for accountability, I guess. This is a HUGE, and very competitive 5K, so my aspirations include: 1)finishing and 2)not making a fool of myself. They do NOT include 1)winning the $2,000 cash prize or 2)placing in any category AT ALL. If I know that other people know I am doing this, it will help me to stick with the program! I've run 3 out of the last 4 days, and feel great. Let's hope I can keep this up for another month.

If I can give birth four times, I can do this . . . . right??

7 comments:

Kati said...

You go girl! As for me, I have managed to find an excuse NOT to run every race we've considered thus far.

And I totally thought you were going to say you were pregnant! grin :)

Anonymous said...

You can do it!!!! the 2,000.00 wouldn't be bad either!

Sue House

Mindy said...

You can do it Charity with Christ's help who strenghtens you. Run on girlfriend.

Nicole Marie said...

even taking a class for running....does not help.... at least for the discipline part:) been there done that! as witness by my "freshman 15" gain....:)
so go for it....

marilyn66 said...

My NOSE runs!!!!

Janal said...

YAY!

You know that I am 100% for you.
And I will be cheering for you, but I am sitting this one out, your sister and dad intimidate me, lol!

LOVE you!

Charity said...

I understand . . . they intimidate me too! :)