Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Making Memories

Seven months after Karis' birth, I've finally realized that extra hours are never going to magically appear in my day. So I've decided that it's time to take on the monumental task of catching up on the last 9 months of scrapbooking. *groan* I think I might actually enjoy it someday when I'm not always way behind.

I've made great progress so far. After about an hour of staring at a blank page, I decided to reorganize all my supplies . . .

That led to a trip to Hobby Lobby (50% off on all paper, stickers and albums!!).

One piece of advice, if I may: Do not ever, under any circumstances, make an elaborate first-year scrapbook for your darling firstborn. It's great the first time around, but not so great when you realize you're stuck doing the same thing for EVERY child.

Also, don't try to scrapbook while watching "White Oleander."

3 comments:

David said...

I am very proud of you for watching "White Oleander". So what did you think of the movie?

jason said...

I don't think I have to worry about ever being involved in a scrapbooking project...

In fact, I've been meaning to talk to you about maybe reaching more of your reading audience with more... how do I say this... gender-friendly posts. Maybe if you could write a few articles about what types of motor oil to use or maybe the smell of different kinds of sawdust. (if you haven't been able to tell that I'm joking should be pointed to by the fact that I know nothing about motor oil or sawdust... or scrap booking for that matter... come to think of it, what do I like?).

Charity said...

~d, It's probably good that you didn't make the trek to HL this week - they were having plumbing issues, which I discovered when Rach overflowed the toilet. The scrapbooks I've completed have definitely been worth it. The process can be a little overwhelming though.

David, I found the movie riveting to say the least, and was very impressed with Alison Lohman's performance. I "wasted" an entire naptime just watching it (very unproductive!) Next time I try to scrapbook, I need to watch something much more shallow like "The Bachelor." :-)

Jason, What - you mean you can't relate with posts on scrapbooking, being a godly wife, and crazy kid stories? I guess having kids has made my life the antithesis of everything it used to be: all girly and domestic. Ah well, you may like the next post I have in the hopper . . .