Friday, May 12, 2006

On The Move

Welcome to the Wright Family Circus . . . where Zekers is usually the ringmaster.

1. I was giving Karis a bath the other day, and Rachel came in to help. After about 15 minutes, it occurred to me that I had not seen or heard from Zekers in quite a while. (With a 2-yr-old, silence can be terrifying.) I turned to Rach and asked, "Do you know where your brother is?" To which she replied, quite matter of factly,"Oh, yes - he's in the dryer." I ran downstairs, opened the dryer door, and sure enough, there sat Zekers, sobbing. I've got to hand it to him, though - for someone who had been sitting in the dryer crying for over 15 minutes, he made a remarkable recovery. His first question upon being let out was, "Can I have a cookie, Mommy?" Evidently, he felt he deserved one.



2. Zekers has decided to become a walking (sitting) advertisement for Nick Jr. I personally like the look, but Daddy's not so thrilled. Apparently, he doesn't think it's possible to be a Backyardigan and a "Supercool Exploradora" simultaneously.







3. He succeeded, once again, in sabotaging our latest photo attempt. Poor Kari Bou.






4. And my personal favorite . . . . Yesterday, Zekers decided to streak his hair with Play Doh. I have never seen him so proud of himself. His self-congratulatulations soon turned to tears, of course, when Mommy tried to wash it out.

8 comments:

Lauren Mott said...

yeah, i didn't read anything about ANY of your kids running their heads into walls, corners of tables, cement blocks or other horrible objects...so i guess it's just me.

Charity said...

Lauren, It's just that I don't usually write about things that happen on a daily basis and aren't funny! Remind me to tell you about the time I actually stepped on Rachel's face when she was a bout 1 year old.

Anonymous said...

On the dryer incident:
1)I did it myself when I was a kid. Now whenever I see one of those carnival rides that look like a ferris wheel with spinning cages, I have flashbacks.

2) People say "Children should be seen and not heard." I've always felt that "children should be heard but not seen." If you can't see them and you can't hear them, they're almost certainly getting into trouble.

Charity said...

I love it! I wonder where you got the idea . . .

RevP - Does this mean Zekers is going to be like you when he grows up? Terrifying.

Anonymous said...

Reading this blog has made me super excited about having kids...

Charity said...

Having kids this age is certainly not all fun and games, but they provide plenty of entertainment if you can learn to redefine a few things (the words "normal" and "clean" for instance). It's all relative.

Anonymous said...

We have some questions concerning these situations.

Children's Services

jason said...

Please tell me the dryer wasn't on... although there are few things funnier than a dizzy toddler.