Thursday, January 17, 2008

Random Ramblings, Facts and Photos

I could just kiss this wonderful piece of plastic that has revolutionized my life this week. After Malachi sat in it for 20 minutes on Sunday while I took a shower, I actually did kiss it . . . and then realized it needed a good cleaning after sitting up in the attic for 2 years!





Zekers and Rach spent a significant amount of time this morning fighting, because Zekers kept threatening to tape his neck to Rachel's eyebrows.

Someone got us a tin of Williams-Sonoma mint hot chocolate (the kind where you whisk real chocolate shavings into a saucepan of barely-bubbling milk), and Danny and I fell in love at first cup. I cannot believe that now I am actually toying with the idea of spending more for another tin of the stuff (which makes 10 cups), than I would normally spend on a nice pair of jeans.

I have just completed 200 posts - this is number 201! I was hoping to finish 200 posts by the end of December, but what can I say? I'm a slacker.

After about a week of Malachi waking up every 2-3 hours during the night, we've been experimenting with his bedtime feeding. Last night we gave him a combination of 7 oz. breast milk and formula with 4 tablespoons of rice cereal mixed in at 10:30. It held him over until 5:30am. I'm thinking this may be a winner . . .

I can't stand the first few weeks of American Idol. It's nothing but a freak show with a bunch of people who will do and say anything to be on TV. Call me crazy, but I've just never really enjoyed watching people make fools of themselves on national television; not to mention that it's generally pretty hard on the ears. Now, the last 8 weeks, you won't be able to tear me away from the show. (I should mention that my loving husband feels the exact opposite - so guess what I've been watching the past couple of nights? Even when I try to do something else, there's just no drowning out the sound.)

Last night while I was feeding Malachi and Danny was running Rach & Zekers to AWANA, Kari Bou decided to grab my favorite lipstick and do all kinds of artwork in the bathroom. This was about 15 minutes before LIFE group was supposed to meet - at our house!

And now, some random photos:




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm with you on the american idol thing! just get to the real talent, please.

and do you actually have time to put on lipstick? i don't remember owning a tube when my kids were little.

that last picture of malachi is just sa-weeeet! what a cutie!! really, now - with four adorable children, how could you go wrong with a fifth?? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on AI! I feel like the early part is scummy TV at its best. They basically exploit people who are ignorant and in a bad situation. (I know some of them know better, but I think most don't) And all so that the pristine judges (and all of us watching) can make fun of them while they make absolute idiots of themselves. It's like teasing some poor soul who's laughing along not realizing that they are the butt of the joke. It's awful!

Jodi Bradshaw said...

I got to admit that I love watching people make fools of themselves at the beginning of the season. Sometimes it is either way to painful or way to set up but other than that I enjoy it. I do not like the show when there is actually talent (that makes no sense but it is true). I agree with Danny on this one.

I guess I have many years to look forward to playing with laundry baskets! Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

that bath water looks a little iffy, Charity. How much is pee and how much is water? ha ha.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Whether American Idol is scummy or not, you all still watch it huh?? That's why they have it on! And Like Charity said, the people on the show will do anything to get on TV, they are not "some poor souls". Most of them sing better than some people I know anyway. It's just like the paparatzi (sp?), everyone hates them, but they still buy the magazines.
That's my 2 cents

Is that the outift we gave malachi at Christmas? I knew he would look so cute in it!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my comment
Hannah

Charity said...

d - i have several 3-4 year old tubes of lipstick i just can't seem to get rid of. I have (or should say had) one newer tube. Of course that's the one she chose to destroy, and not the old nasty ones.

tarah - i do feel sorry for a few of them; but i have to say i've never participated in an audition where i went off on the judges when i didn't get the part i wanted. i can't help but wonder if most of these people know they won't make it and just want some face time on national tv . . .

jodi - yea! i'm sending danny to your house this week during the show. :-)

sarah - our bathwater situation is always pretty iffy; however, in this case, thanks to grandpa and grandma, the nasty colored water is due to dora/diego soap they got for christmas.

hannah - i think that is the outfit you got him. he loves it! (well, he doesn't really care, but I love it).

Charity said...

just another random thought: i had to take zekers' cup away when i came into the bathroom and found him actually drinking the "iffy" bathwater. oh well, it's better than the toilet water he used to drink (or maybe not!)

Anonymous said...

Actually, we got them the dora/diego soaps. I got some for Esther too, but I had to throw them away, luke was eating them.
Hannah

Eileen said...

What a cute little smile that Malachi. Looks like a happy little fella. Smile reminds me of his Granma M when she was a baby. Not that I was around in those days. But there really were cameras back then... ;)
EE

Charity, I read somewhere about an Erma Bombeck writing conference to be held in Dayton, her hometown I understand. Interested?

Anonymous said...

We do not watch AI until the finalists are in place, if we watch it at all. With that, I will try not to further make Charity's blog my soapbox on the evils of reality shows. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with jodi on American Idol. I think it is funny when people dress up in stupid costumes just to get on tv. I would rather watch the auditions than the actually competition. I just wish i didn't have to baby sit for life group on tuesdays :(

marissa finch said...

im with danny...i love seeing the good the bad and the ugly...its when the "real judging" begins that i dont like the show...once they get down to the final 12 i stop watching...it becomes so much more about the popularity of the singer than their actual voice and the ones i like always get kicked off!