Tuesday, February 26, 2008

About the Boys





The improvement to the left is due to 2 things:

1. Zekers' concerted effort to stop sucking his lips after seeing the picture of them online (apparently that left more of an impression than looking in the mirror)

2. The continual slathering on of Aquaphor

After several months of looking like he'd colored a perfect circle around his mouth with red marker, I hardly recognize my little dude, but I'm loving his new look! Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.







In Malachi news: This little guy has by far the biggest appetite of all 4 kiddos. He drinks 11 ounces of formula, with rice cereal added, around 10:00 at night, and wakes up famished around 3, and again at 6. I suppose it's time to start feeding him actual bowls of cereal (I've been putting it off as long as possible).

I can't complain, though - he is such a good baby now, with so much personality. I've been able to leave him in the nursery at church for the past 2 weeks and actually be there for most of the service. The bizarre thing is, toward the end of the service, I have to make a tremendous effort to stay seated, and not rush to the nursery - not because I'm worried about him, but because my arms feel so empty! I've held him so much for the past 4.5 months, that we've almost literally become joined at the hip. (which is no doubt the idea behind the origin of the phrase)

One of the things I just love is that when he finishes his nighttime bottle, it takes forever to put him to bed, because we can't get him to stop smiling and waving his arms around.

Rachel and Zeke went to their first soccer class last night. Neither one of them has ever played before, but they had fun. There were about 12-15 other kids age 4-6, so I think Zekers was a little overwhelmed and not quite sure what to do. He has a few things to learn, like the fact that the goal of the game is not to grab the ball and hug it tightly for as long as possible. But hey, at least his lips weren't bright red! I figure, no matter what, it's good exercise, especially at this time of year when we've all been feeling a little cooped up. I have to say, the YMCA has been a gift from God this winter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

where does malachi put it all? he is still a little bit of nothin' when it comes to size. of course, i don't carry him around all that much to really know. so karis is going to have some competition, eh? i've seen that little girl eat!!

Eileen said...

Cute, cute boys. Handsome, I should say. You're doing such a nice job with them. Enjoy reading about your love for your little guy as he's growing so fast. Thanks for the update. =)

PS: Charity I plan to be stateside soon - visa expires early April. I'll here and there quite a bit...but in the Dayton area some too. Neat if we could get together - how long does it take to get to your place from Dayton? Any particular souveniers you're needing? =) (no promises, you know, Just good intentions at this stage. ;)

Charity said...

d - i think he must have the metabolism of a ferret! he's only in the 40th percentile for weight.

eileen - it would be fun to get together when you're in the states. let me know when you'll be in dayton and we can work something out. i could use a suitcase full of good russian vodka. :D actually, it would be great to have some russian chai around; i've long since used all i brought back. . .

Lauren Mott said...

Zeke's lips look great!! Good for him:)