Sunday, May 11, 2008

Once Again

I'm posting this from Danny's laptop, because once again, my computer has decided to go AWOL. Last month when this happened, I lauded the benefits of not having a computer for several weeks and getting so many other things done. This time, it's just plain annoying. But the good news is, ALL of my pictures are backed up.

Anyway, other than the computer thing, it's been a good Mother's Day. Danny took me out for dinner Thursday; yesterday I went with my 2 sisters to get a pedicure and manicure and do some shopping - without kiddos (pictures to follow - hopefully); and over the past week, we've been able to have some really good times with both our mothers (and dads, too!). At dinner last night, the munchkins presented me with several handmade cards and a list entitled, "What we love about Mommy". Does it get any better than that?

Rachel also informed me today, while she was playing with my stomach (don't ask), that it "feels like kneading bread dough"; although a) I don't think she's ever kneaded bread dough, and b) unfortunately, at this point, bread dough is much firmer than my stomach.

Happy Mother's Day!

7 comments:

shoemama said...

you are so funny Charity! Happy mother's day. I don't think it gets any better than hearing what your kids like about you

Anonymous said...

No, it doesn't and we are NEVER too old to enjoy it! hint, hint, hint ;-)

Your own mother!

Kati said...

A little "squoosh" (or a lot) is the proud mark of a mother, don't you think? Bread dough is a new way to describe it. (Thanks Rachel!)

Anonymous said...

i just gave you a hug sunday, and all i felt was an incredibly narrow waistline for a woman with four very young children!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charity,
It was good to see all of you last weekend. We had alot of fun!

I don't know alot about computers, but I know enough to confidently say that once a computer starts crashing, fixes are always only temporary. It's only likely to get worse. It might be time to invest in a new one to save yourself from all the headaches.

I hope everything else is running smoothly!
Anthony

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is sad. My keyboard went kaput last week too. Had to wait til we could get a new one. Hope you're back online soon!

Charity said...

LOL - I love your optimism, Anthony! :-) They told us it actually was a hard drive issue, and since they misdiagnosed the problem last time, they put in a new hard drive and didn't charge us for labor. So hopefully we're good for a while.