Sunday, September 13, 2009

Joy and Tears

The joy is theirs. The tears are mine. What else could it be but the first day of school? I had a particularly difficult time watching Zekers get on the bus and pull away for the first time. I nearly collapsed in a puddle of tears as all the other, more sane, parents were waving happily to their excited children. Fortunately, it was Danny's day off, because I cried off and on all morning and then tried to drown out my sorrow with chocolate.

A very happy, excited Zekers exited the bus around 12:30, so that made me feel a bit better. Rachel and Zekers both have wonderful teachers, which also helps. In fact, although I haven't had a chance to get to know Rachel's teachers much, Zeke's teacher seems to be a perfect fit for him.

And so begins another school year. The summers are nice, but I'm ready to get back into a routine. And I'm consoling myself by planning things with the other 2 that I can't do with four: bike rides, trips to Wal-Mart that involve everyone fitting into the cart; more time to focus on just Malachi and Karis.

So here are the mandatory "first day of school" pics. I thought it was extra sweet that Rachel & Zekers held hands getting on the bus.


Zeke's 1st day of school, Rachel's 4th day of school


Getting on the bus in the morning


Zekers getting off the bus at 12:30


Zekers with his teacher

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how sweet! Thanks for sharing! I will probably be the same way when Isaac & Zach go to school for the first time. :)

marilyn66 said...

They look so grown up! Rach is really stylin'. AND I know Karis is excited about homeschool preschool! Hope your time w/ those 2 @ home proves very profitable!

Charity said...

She cracks me up - telling everyone she's doing "home school preschool." It has been fun just getting to focus on those two in the morning, and Zekers in the afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the pictures of the kiddo's!

Sue House